Have any of you driven drunk before?

Have any of you driven drunk before?

• Yes, I do it often.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Yes, but I have only done it once/few times

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • No, but I did drive after I had sobered up

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • No, I have never let a drop of alcohol touch my lips.

Votes: 48 33.1%

• Total voters

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
In 2005, out of 43,443 car-related fatalities, 16,885 were alcohol-related. A staggering 39% of all car-related fatalities involved alcohol and this does not even include drug-related accidents. Granted it has improved since the 1980s (60% of all car fatalities had alcohol involved), 39% is still a great percentage.

I can personally say that I have never driven while I was intoxicated. Frankly, having a car is more of an incentive not to drink. Although I have been many difficult situations of bussing drunk people from once place to another.....

I dont think anyone here is going to admit they do it often. and anyone who does deserves nega-reps for it:mad:

Will never, ever do it. Rather sleep in my car.

People who drive while over the legal limit, if apprehended, should be summarily executed at the side of the road.

Lost too many friends to drunk drivers.

Can't answer - there's no option for (as I'm sure most of us have) driving after having some alcohol but nowhere near enough to be even close to the limit?

If I'm driving I might have a beer, but that's about it if I'm going to be on the road.

there wasnt really the option but ive driven after 1 pint a few times....and not immediately either, usually an hour or two later of sipping cokes goes by before i would consider it

Well, I remember 2 times, where I wasn't legally allowed to drive anymore.
But there were very deserted roads and only a few kilometers to the destination. I felt I was totally capable of driving safely and I went very slow.
So I don't feel guilty about it, but I understand people who'll hate me for this because they lost good friends or relatives to drunk driving...

Only did it once, and that was to move in a friends car. That said, I was drinking that night, but I wasn't mad drunk. I was probably over the legal limit (0.05). Even though it was like 4AM, I was driving very carefully..

No, nope, nada, nay, never.

It's just something I Do Not Do.

If I am driving somewhere I won't even have one drink, just to be safe.

Driving drunk is in the same category as driving without a seatbelt or riding a motorcycle without a helmet: NEVER
Also, I've been drunk 2 or 3 times in my entire life :p

No drunk, but i had a beer or two beforehand. Wasn't enough to effect my driving performance, but it would have shown on the breathaliser test. And since i'm still a beginner driver till march 18th, that was a very silly thing to do.

I only did it once, because there was an emergency. I had drunk a small vodka and drove at 25mph on a very short distance.
I'm pretty sure I will never do it again, because I know it's wrong. On that occasion - I had no other choice.

I have taken the wheel before when I thought I had sobered up enough only to realize I probably hadn't once on the road.
Not proud I did but it happened.

I've been more careful since.

On many more occasions I have slept on location or in the car to avoid such situations.

I haven't answered the poll, none of the options really fit me.

Driven after drinking but under the legal limit- Yes. If i'm out I'll have one or two bottles, then switch to coke's. By the time I get in the car 2 hours later I'm way under the limit and not feeling any effect.

Driven whilst over the limit- Once on a non-public road, so no legal or moral issue, just to see how impaired I'd be.

I actually stopped drinking much as soon as I got my license. I used to enjoy drinking quite a bit, but even when I don't have the car now I only have one or two bottles then switch to the coke's (got into the habbit I guess). So the way I can look at it is, all the money I'm not spending on tax on alcohol, I can spend on tax on petrol :D

I've never done it. I don't drink much so when I do I get fucked up really quickly/easily and to a great extent.

Sadly though I know so many people who take liberties with this shit. It's just wrong... if you don't care about killing other people you should at least care about getting a DUI and going to jail.

It depends, i really dont like to do it, and i'm mad at people who drive smashed.

But i cant say i've never stayed up at a party until 4AM trying to sober up, and then driving home half buzzed... Technically drunk driving yes, but at least i refuse to drive actually drunk.

I put Once/twice, because i have only done "buzzed driving" twice.

(Honesty sucks)

Yes, once. And I hated it. Apart from the fact that you could get caught and whatever, the driving is horrible. You feel out of it, you don't feel in control any more. When you're driving a car that's a pretty bad thing to feel. Though I wasn't massively drunk, I'd had a few beers and that was enough to put me off doing it again. Not that I was planning to become a regular drunk driver, but now I know exactly what it's like and I never want to do it again. Driving carefully and relatively slowly will get you home eventually, but don't think that it's an excuse to do it.

"Stay in your lane, speed limit. Stay in your lane, speed limit. Stay in your lane, Speed limit."

Last edited: