Have DAVE ever show the repeats of TopGear Series 1?

jamesaevans

Hi,

I have been watching the repeats of TopGear on Dave for several months, but have yet to see an episode from Series 1.

Have DAVE ever show the repeats of TopGear Series 1, or have they only ever shown Series 2 onwards?

Thanks
James

its nothing new for Dave, they don't screen a lot of the early series of their shows. iirc they haven't shown the early years of shows like HIGNFY (probably because the show is running so long it pre-dates even satellite tv), QI, Fifth Gear and Mock the week so its not just Top Gear they've done it to.

This does remind me (although its useless as I'm not at home) to dig out my old tapes from the loft. Because we taped to VHS all the Topgear, so while I have no clue if the quality is any good, I might just have a complete set of the original broadcasts to rip. I'm really not sure though.

This does remind me (although its useless as I'm not at home) to dig out my old tapes from the loft. Because we taped to VHS all the Topgear, so while I have no clue if the quality is any good, I might just have a complete set of the original broadcasts to rip. I'm really not sure though.

Believe me, a lot of people would be very interested in anything you could turn up. The commonly-circulated rips of the first few series of Top Gear are missing the original music and news segments, and if you have those and can get them online, you'd be a Final Gear hero!

Indeed. I'd love to see the whole SL55AMG review again. Including the build up to the Stig lap of it.

C'mon Speed - you know that there has been a dearth of pre Series 3 shows and per new TG shows - PUMESTA (sp?) excepted - thanks man btw.

It is a pain though because you have to encode the stuff from a VHS player through some form of digital conversion device so it is done in real time.