HBO renews 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' for eighth season

Then I don't think you understand the whole point of Curb. There is not supposed to be an arc or a storyline. It is supposed to be all over the place. Its supposed to just be about small everyday events. Look at the seasons that do have a story line such as last season and the one with the Mel Brooks play. They are the worst season of curb in my mind.

You're kidding right?

Curb Season 1 had no arc.
Curb Season 2 developing "Aren't you Evelyn"
Curb Season 3 starting restaurant.
Curb Season 4 the Producers.
Curb Season 5 Lewis needs a kidney
Curb Season 6 the Blacks and adoption.
Curb Season 7 Seinfeld

The reason I love this current season so much is Its more like old Curb. Just like how Top Gear went back to basics this past season, so is Curb. They are going back to the basic formula of what made it what it is. They are not trying to make it become something it is not. Last 2 seasons it was almost turning into a Drama like soap opera with the whole divorce thing. This is exactly the problem that has ruined many good shows for me and I am glad that Larry David realized this and fixed it before it completely ruined the show.

I'll come back to my first post in the thread.

It better be better than season 6 and 7.

The season 5 finale onwards (Shark jump, anyone?), everything felt different. I'm not saying it's all bad. But from then on, nothing was like it was pre-5 finale. Something changed, I don't know what it was.

You go down the list of episodes and the amount that I want to watch from 6 and 7 are far less than previous seasons.

That's what made Seinfeld so great. No "arcs" just separate situations for each episode.

I haven't enjoyed any season of Curb like I do this one (although I haven't really watched the earlier ones). :)

Finally got around to watching the recent one, eh. Wasn't that impressed. I like the random ones with not much story importance, and it was obvious this was driven to get him to NY.

I did like girl pulling the chat & cut on Larry though. Smooth.

Yeah, stupid episode.

Fuck you LD, what a load of shit.

One redeeming thing, "If only I had a daughter to impart that advice too"

Hey, at least it wasn't as shit as last week. Leon's return made up for it. :lol:

You foreigners don't get baseball, which the majority of the jokes in this episode were based upon. Good episode, not great but pretty solid LOL moments.

You foreigners don't get baseball, which the majority of the jokes in this episode were based upon. Good episode, not great but pretty solid LOL moments.

Not foreign to the US, but thanks for stereotyping. :rolleyes:

I got the juicing, performance enhancing drugs, etc. etc jokes. But just didn't they they were that funny.

am i the only one who though that was one of the funniest episode of curb ever? This season has been amazing.

Car periscope? Fuck you.

Three things happened that I liked
"You married Suzie"
Seeing wanda... although why she had to join them is beyond me.
Jeffs laugh

The only good things to happen in this sea of dog shit.

I'm kind of conflicted. The season has been good overall, but a lot of the situations/scenarios are way too forced....not every moment has to tie into another moment. I'm sorry to say, but it comes across as amateurish....like some sort of grade school play.

"A moving dildo, a fuck machine."

"I can't reveal who he was... but he did direct Star Wars." :lol:

"Is she alright?"
"Who cares."

Suzies orgasm was the worst overrating i've ever seen.

Wow, what a fake baby.

Larry's face during Suzie's orgasm was priceless :lol: