• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

hd tester program

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
hey guys is there some program that lets me test how good my hd is.

i saw viper use some program and it showed how each of his hd did.

what do you want to know, cache, RPM and storage?... I think the software viper posted was for his CPU, not his Harddisk ;)

hi, the software u want to find out is SMART. it basically checks HDD statistics like temp, read write errors etc. and can actually give an estimated life of the HDD. you first need to turn on the SMART feature on ur bios. then download a program which give the statistics. I had a good program which profiled ur computer including the HDD stuff unfortunately i forgot the name... i will try and search for it again... in the mean time u can try download.com or similar do a search for HDD and SMART

andyhui01 said:
what do you want to know, cache, RPM and storage?... I think the software viper posted was for his CPU, not his Harddisk ;)

Do Harddisks have RPM these days? :lol:

but I believe if you want to check HD temp, you need to install a sensor and stick it on your HD, I don't think it is built in... I might be wrong though.

And jos... you are really hopeless in computers :mrgreen:

You can try HDTach to benchmark your drives.

http://majorgeeks.com/download672.html

Heres mine:

A maxtor 40 gig, 7200rpm, about 2 years old:

maxtor8fj.gif

And my 200 gig seagate, about half a year old:

seagate1dy.gif

Everest is ace, it tell you all you need to know about your pc, whenever I do over the net tech support, I tell the users to install this and help diagnose the h/w they know nothing about.

Everest Home Edition: http://www.lavalys.hu/downloads/everesthome151.exe

If you are looking to check if the drive is falling apart every maker usually have their own test software available at their site.

i downloaded them both but i can see how fast my WD hd spin lol. i can see my ibm spin but not my WD :S :p :bangin:

meh. a raid of ultra wide scsi 2 72gb 10k rpm drives are just way to loud for comfort. lol. Have about a TB worth of them in a server at home....when all the computers are on you can barely talk.