HDR pics here

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
jagcornerhdr1.jpg

I'll be brutally honest and say that this is probably one of the most awful photographs I've seen recently. I can appreciate a good HDR photo, but this isn't one. It's so dark and grey and looks like it came from a broken camera... :blink:

This on the other hand,
is quite nice. It's a great example of a well executed HDR. The subject is brilliantly enhanced. HDR should really be restricted mainly to night shots of cityscapes, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
Car(s)
1996 P.O.S. Taurus GL
now that we've got more than cars here, lemme get my favorite one.

this is an ok one, I didn't get the object of the shot right i'm told (placement)
angelhdr.jpg

I like this one a lot, I really can't describe why.
treeshdr.jpg

This one's alright too.
PurpleflowerHDR.jpg

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata

Werner

Car(s)
'11 Toyota Aygo; '07 Honda CB600F Hornet
*escaped from fallout 3*

how about a HDR chapel burger?

That must be from Chernobyl.

I maintain that HDR is a wonderful thing when done right. When you go overboard, it just looks like the picture has cancer

I agree.

In before the ice.

Great example of the cancer here btw:
subaru_HDR_3_by_exxx2005.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
That must be from Chernobyl.

I agree.

In before the ice.

subaru_HDR_3_by_exxx2005.jpg

I don't think that's cancer. The Jag above is cancer. I actually like this one and the cartoony look it has...

This, however, owns all:

Eye_HDR_2_by_ridethespiral1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LP

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
I don't think that's cancer. The Jag above is cancer. I actually like this one and the cartoony look it has...

This, however, owns all:

Eye_HDR_2_by_ridethespiral1.jpg

Hoooly shit that's an amazing picture

hansvonaxion

Car(s)
Legacy GT-B
This on the other hand,

is quite nice. It's a great example of a well executed HDR. The subject is brilliantly enhanced. HDR should really be restricted mainly to night shots of cityscapes, though.

Have to disagree with you. The fridge and cupboards in the background are supposed to be whit but instead they are splotchy grey. HDR doesn't mean "make the light parts darker and the dark parts lighter".

I like that.

2Billion

Car(s)
'10 Toyota Matrix XR
I'll be brutally honest and say that this is probably one of the most awful photographs I've seen recently. I can appreciate a good HDR photo, but this isn't one. It's so dark and grey and looks like it came from a broken camera... :blink:

I am going to agree that it looks like a broken camera was involved, and the car itself is way, way, way, way, waaaaaay too dark, but I kinda like the background? It has a rubbish vintage film stock feel, and I enjoy rubbish film stock some days.

In short, I like it when it's like 30% loaded, and then it just gets worse.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
^^

WOW...Thats really elegant, for something so simple.
is that a real hdr? and if so, what was the EV step?

yup, stiched three shots together. +/- 2 steps. That doesn't really matter that much though; what's important is how much you choose to bring out the shadows and the highlights. I concentrated on the shadows, since the garage was a lot darker than the outside where the car was.

flyinhawaiian

Car(s)
Mazdaspeed Protege
I love HDR, but I like to use (IMO) tasteful filters on them. Feel free to critique:

flyinhawaiian

Car(s)
Mazdaspeed Protege
Last edited:

flyinhawaiian

Car(s)
Mazdaspeed Protege
I agree with you. I don't like to go overboard with it, but sometimes its necessary to highlight the elements of the scene that I want to capture. The first picture was the amazing sunset and the drama of the clouds. The second (which IMO is the most tame of those three) is the perfection of the polished metal, with the flick of color in the "Stars and Bars." The last was to highlight the amazing colors in the foliage.

I like the subtle ones too such as the first one I posted on this page, as well as this one:

Atlantian

Not A Dude
3684869310_8bef19136b_o.jpg

I really like this one.

But I don't really know the difference between good and bad HDR, can anyone school me?

sifu

Car(s)
-11 BMW F11 528i Sport
its all about the taste.. if you like toxic green hdr, fine its your taste.. if you like subtle approach to it.. its fine too. But be sure to see different kinds of hdr so that you really know your taste.

Rooster

Here are some of mine. I'd like to get back to using HDR to enhance some shots next summer. I haven't used it in awhile. Some of these are old, and could really use some dodge and burn to eliminate halos. My PS skills have gotten much better in the past few months.

My all-time favorite HDR that I've taken.

3748927949_fab80638ed_b.jpg

3534209190_536cca176e_o.jpg

3536244334_05897df76b_o.jpg

3536242120_862c3d9f31_o.jpg

3381666980_731a716383_o.jpg

3185510484_ae2002513c_o.jpg

Last edited: