Clarkson: Heaven And Hell

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Clarkson says that the Quadraporte is the fastest saloon car in the world. Doesn't that title belong to the Bentley Continental Flying Spur?

Or is it some little detail that doesn't officially classify the Flying Spur as a "saloon"?

well, maybe.

I long for a Tg segment where the find out for real which saloon really IS the worlds fastest....

AFAIK, the Merc E Brabus is the fastest ......

haz

Janus said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Clarkson says that the Quadraporte is the fastest saloon car in the world. Doesn't that title belong to the Bentley Continental Flying Spur?

Or is it some little detail that doesn't officially classify the Flying Spur as a "saloon"?
mentioned on the last page. This segment was probably filmed a while ago.
And did they change the transmission on the quattroporte? Before it was supposed to have been really lurchy and not very smooth at all. Or is that only at low speeds?

bartboy9891 said:
Janus said:

mentioned on the last page. This segment was probably filmed a while ago.
And did they change the transmission on the quattroporte? Before it was supposed to have been really lurchy and not very smooth at all. Or is that only at low speeds?

When James reviewed the car, he said it was jerky at low speeds but he seemed to like it at more sporting speeds.

So I downloaded it, the resolution is quite small compared to the other JC's DVD rip, but the quality is very high.
Anyway the film was good, as always it has some nice touches, such as the soundtrack of the V8 Vantage or quattroporte.

I downloaded and watched in the background (cleaning out my fish tank) with a full attention viewing coming later.

Already a few incorrect facts, I'm surprised Jeremy doesn't check his assertions first.

- The Corvette doesn't have a live rear axle. They've had IRS since 1963. However, it's nice to see the Corvette boys are finally starting to crack JC's armor (he confessed he likes it).

- The engine in the Corvette C6 he tested was the 6.0L LS2, not the 5.7L LS1. Therefore the Holden/Vauxhaul did not have a different version, and I'm not sure where he got the 300hp/500tq figure from...

In the Corvette vs. TVR shootout, I'd be more interested to see the test against a Z06 (he compares a rare TVR against a run-of-the-mill base Corvette). However I see we will have the pleasure of seeing the blokes run the Z06 at Laguna Seca, so I'll withold further criticism.

:)

but the Sagaris costs only a little bit more than the Vette does when options are considered. and its got the same amount of power. Remember that in a simple drag race between a run of the mill TVR, the T350T, and the Vette, the T350 wins by a fairly significant margin.
the ZO6 would probably beat the Sagaris around a track, at least by a little bit.

The engine in the Corvette C6 he tested was the 6.0L LS2, not the 5.7L LS1

Yeah i'm sure that's why it says this:
http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/6606/untitled7yk.th.jpg

is it me or JC pic on the DVD cover is errr strange? The head is out of proportion, the hands are "younger" and there is no trace of JC belly.... it is odd

or they put the head of JC onto the Stig body?

AM

fareway said:
The engine in the Corvette C6 he tested was the 6.0L LS2, not the 5.7L LS1

Yeah i'm sure that's why it says this:
http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/6606/untitled7yk.th.jpg

Ummm... that says LS2 on it... ;)

AstonMartin said:
any idea then?

AM

I get the feeling there's few who've actually seen the cover of this!!! :)
(though I agree, it does look quite strange)

http://img337.imageshack.**/img337/3226/clarksonhah4ow.jpg

I think they've shrunk his neck in order to get him to fit below the text...
Or perhaps his whole body... :)

Your right, it looks a bit strange, definetly :x

He looks like a pissed-off action figure.

CLARKSON! Now with realistic grunting noises! Comes with wheelchair accessory to simulate his back problems! :mrgreen:

I believe they put the Stig body with JC head...

hands, belly, shoulders and hips are not consistent with JC body at all :)

AM

JC videos have been able to get away with the cheesiest, most horrendous music on earth so let them get away with some bad photochopping too.

^that i don't beleive

i think JC's beerbelly was to big, and his fingers to yellow due to smokin