Hell on Earth

Just had a read through the thread (don't pop into this part of the forums often). I have to say, I am honestly touched by how your father fighting through this.

Fantastic news on the latest developments!

That's great news! Glad to hear your dad is doing well :cheers:

That's great news, keep it up :thumbsup:

Tonight, at about 8 PM local time, my father passed away. The exact cause is unknown but it was either very quick or in his sleep, as he did not press his call-light for the nurse. The nurses had seen him only 15 minutes earlier and by the time they returned to help him reposition himself he had already passed away.

He is survived by his wife and two adult children. He was 59 years old.

Dr. Steven A. Rathofer, Col. (Ret.), US Army, DMD, MS.
Father, Husband, Friend
He left his mark upon us all.

Shit man. That's horrible. My heart dropped to my feet the moment I started reading your post.

You have my condolences. :(

Oh my god...that's horrible, blind.
My condolences to you and your family.

Tonight, at about 8 PM local time, my father passed away. The exact cause is unknown but it was either very quick or in his sleep, as he did not press his call-light for the nurse. The nurses had seen him only 15 minutes earlier and by the time they returned to help him reposition himself he had already passed away.

He is survived by his wife and two adult children. He was 59 years old.

Dr. Steven A. Rathofer, Col. (Ret.), US Army, DMD, MS.
Father, Husband, Friend
He left his mark upon us all.

Oh my God...My heart just sank as I read...

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your family my friend. He was relatively young as well, I'm so sorry Blind...

I can't imagine what you're feeling right now, hearing this news is devastating as we all here have been following this thread for better news from the beginning.

God, damn. My condolences, my friend, from the bottom of my heart. :comfort: x infinity.

There aren't any words to express how saddened I am to hear this news. It was all so sudden. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Oh, no way. Man, I feel awful, I was expecting another happy update. Not much we can say to make you feel better, but it's good that he went in his sleep.

My condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I can't say much to ease the pain except that I understand a little bit what you're going through, as we lost a good friend to a car accident a couple of weeks ago.

You have my condolences also.

That's just devastating, I was hoping to see another optimistic update. You and your family have my condolences.