Hell on Earth

Awwww maaaaaannn ...
Just when we were all rooting for him, waiting on good news...
Rest in peace, Steven. Follow the white light, our friend, we'll see you on the other side.
May the angels guide you to a better place and may your heart be at peace for the long jurney ahead!

My condolences to you and your family, man.
We're all here for you and we'll send you strength to get through this.
I'm sure your father was a good man and he's in a better place now.
[youtube]HU1OaCglgw0[/youtube]

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. Both my mother and I have read each and every message of support. Every post had touched our hearts and helped make these past few days bearable.

We have printed the entire thread and are going to save it along with other mementos from my father's life. I will continue to print pages so no post is left out.

Thank you all.

(If you see me posting elsewhere on the board, it's because I'm trying to do anything I can to keep my mind occupied.)

Blind I don't even know what to type. Yeesh man, I'm practically tearing up here. As much as it took for you to get through this ordeal, it took that much more to share it with us. I'm really sorry to hear this, just know that my hearts with you and your family.

I can't imagine what it is like to lose a family member, my prayers are with you and your family.

[youtube]fE0Tqd8NlmU[/youtube]

Man, i'm really gutted after reading this news. No amount of words can soften the blow or make you miss him less. Remember him fondly, think not of the loss but of the moments you shared.

I'm sorry to hear this, Blind.

I was just thinking a few days ago to bump this to see how things were going. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm relatively new to this forum and a couple of days ago I read through some threads. This was one of them and today I was shocked to read your post. :(

I'm really sorry, man. My condolences.

Wow, Dave.... I, I really don't know what to say as I can't even begin to realise the amount of pain caused by losing a parent.

I considered you one of my truly great friends here and if you need anything, absolutely anything, don't be afraid to ask. I might not know what you are going through, but myself, and everyone here, can help you get through it.

I'm sorry to hear this Blind. Being the very private person that I am, I can truly appreciate your sharing of your personal life with us, with me. Although we're just a "little" community of car enthusiasts, It makes me glad to see that people can still care about one another's feelings, thoughts, experiences, joys, and personal hells even though we will probably never meet each other face to face. That being said, I can offer no words that could possibly diminish the pain and anguish which comes from losing a loved one. Time, really, is the only thing that will heal the emotional wound caused by your father's passing. So with nothing else to write, I say Rest In Peace good sir, for your journey through this world will not be forgotten, but will live on through the memories of your loved ones, and the values you have bestowed upon them.

JAMV

My deepest condolences to you and your family Dave. I hope you go through this phase in good shape. My prayers are with you and your family.

Wow, Dave.... I, I really don't know what to say as I can't even begin to realise the amount of pain caused by losing a parent.

I considered you one of my truly great friends here and if you need anything, absolutely anything, don't be afraid to ask. I might not know what you are going through, but myself, and everyone here, can help you get through it.

took the words right out of my mouth, rich.

For the papers:

Dr. Steven Alfred Rathofer, DMD, MS, Col. US Army (Ret.), born September 4, 1948 in Tokyo, Japan to Alfred August Rathofer and Ruth Gibby Rathofer died January 19, 2008 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Steve was preceded in death by his parents, Alfred August and Ruth Gibby Rathofer; he is survived by his sons, David Steven and Eric William and wife of 36 years, Alice Holland. Alice and Steve married August 26, 1971. Also surviving, his sister Denise Rathofer Christian, brothers-in-law Paul Christian and William Holland; nephews Michael Christian and Brian Christian and nieces Rebecca and Lindsey Holland.
Steve graduated from the University of Utah and received his commission in the US Army Medical Service Corp in 1969. He attended the University of Oregon School of Dentistry and graduated in 1973, at which time he joined the US Army Dental Corp. During his 24-year military career, Steve earned: Army Commendation Medal, Legion of Merit, Meritous Service Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, National Defense Service Medal with one Bronze Service Star, Overseas Ribbon, and Army Service Ribbon. Steve was inducted into the Order of Military Medical Merit 15 October, 1983.
Steve became a periodontist upon graduation from George Washington University in 1981, where he earned a post-doctoral Masters of Science degree. He became a diplomate to the American Board of Periodontology in 1986.
In 1993, upon his retirement from the US Army, Steve returned to Salt Lake City and opened a private practice and retired from practice 23 October 2003. He enjoyed skiing, hiking, and trips to Moab and the California coast. Steve was an avid pistol marksman and donated time weekly at the Lee-Kay shooting range. He enjoyed fly fishing, snow shoeing, birding, and playing his guitars and banjos.

Viewing at Larkin Mortuary, 2350 E. 1300 S. - Friday, January 25, 6-8 PM. Services will be held Saturday, January 26 at 1 PM, Christ United Methodist Church - 2375 E. 3300 S. Internment at Salt Lake City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made in Steve's name to the USO, American Red Cross, or American Cancer Society.

Oh, shit, man... I'm so sorry... My condolences... :(

And Adunaphel: +1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MDlMdu2gjw[/youtube]