Hell on Earth

"It's very possible that he will walk again."

http://img409.imageshack.**/img409/6136/3092vj1.gifhttp://img409.imageshack.**/img409/6136/3092vj1.gifhttp://img409.imageshack.**/img409/6136/3092vj1.gif

This just made my day!

:cheers: here's to making that come through, Steve!

I can't believe I missed this thread, but reading it from beginning to end in one go really underscored the amazing progress that your father is making. Keep your heads up; you'll pull through this together. :)

It's simply magical hearing news like that! Although he's not out of the woods yet, they are clearing, and sunlight is once again poking through.

Steve, Blind and family: your support for each other has been amazing to hear about, and although all of us here can't crowd around that hospital bed to wish you well, you are still in our thoughts.

-Gwidon

Great news to hear, Blind.

"It's very possible that he will walk again."

Those are probably the best news I've heard today. Glad to hear your dad is making good progress :thumbup:

Yesterday we met a guy who had a similar "incomplete injury" at C5 (the same level as my dad) back in May; he not only had full use of his arms, but his was walking! His rehab is not complete, as he does not yet have a normal gait, but just months later this guy is walking!

On to the news from my dad, he is learning to speak using a one-way valve on his breathing tube and today he was able to extend his left arm over his head using his tricep. This is a major breakthrough, only a few days ago the only activity we had in that muscle was trace muscle-flutter - today he can lift the weight of his arm against gravity, and he did 10 reps!

He's naturally pretty tired right now, so he's resting up before his shower this afternoon. The showers really take a lot out of him, and that will be starting in the next 30 minutes or so.

He really loves hearing from all of you, hearing the latest updates from FinalGear is a big lift to his day. Thank you all.

That's fantastic to hear Blind.

Congratulations Steve, even something as simple as lifting an arm sounds like a huge achievement. Well done.

Great news Blind! Steve, we're all glad to hear you're doing better! :thumbup:

That's awesome, mate. I bet meeting that guy with the similar injury was a real morale boost for you, your family, and your dad.

Yesterday we met a guy who had a similar "incomplete injury" at C5 (the same level as my dad) back in May; he not only had full use of his arms, but his was walking! His rehab is not complete, as he does not yet have a normal gait, but just months later this guy is walking!

On to the news from my dad, he is learning to speak using a one-way valve on his breathing tube and today he was able to extend his left arm over his head using his tricep. This is a major breakthrough, only a few days ago the only activity we had in that muscle was trace muscle-flutter - today he can lift the weight of his arm against gravity, and he did 10 reps!

He's naturally pretty tired right now, so he's resting up before his shower this afternoon. The showers really take a lot out of him, and that will be starting in the next 30 minutes or so.

He really loves hearing from all of you, hearing the latest updates from FinalGear is a big lift to his day. Thank you all.

Excellent. And if you are reading this to him, tell him "keep up the good work!!"

This reminds me of my Uncle who had a major stroke, leaving the right side of his body useless. He could have just gave up, but instead he said "fiddlesticks" and after a year was able to to talk coherently and able to use his right arm and lift it over his head, a MAJOR achievement.

Steve,

Please implore your son to remove whatever that is on his face. It looks like a diseased weasel has been epoxied to his visage, surviving only on crumbs and stale Corn Flakes. Please, I beg of you, return the foul creature to its natural habitat, most likely Sean Connery.

Get Well Soon,
Trevor

/laughter's the best medicine, right? Right?
//but seriously, it sounds like he's doing awesome. Keep it up!
///I'm kidding, Blind, I've got half a diseased weasel myself.

Last edited:
Good to hear your old mans on the mend blind. Chin up mate :thumbsup:

Last night he moved the fingers in his left hand for the first time!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
That's fantastic news, Blind. Keep up the good work, Steve. We're all pulling for you here.

Jake

118.gif
118.gif
118.gif
Brilliant, keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: