• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Hello All!

Vegas SRT

Thought I would finally introduce myself here since ive been reading the fourms for a few months and been watching top gear/5th gear for the past year. If you cant tell I drive a Dodge SRT-4 which is all stock expect for my short throw. However 2 grand is getting dumped into it for this upcoming autocross season. I guess as clarkson would say im quite the petrolhead. Well that about does it all cant wait to start posting around the fourms! :thumbsup:

hello and welcome :welcome:

A turbo'ed Neon owner... I like you already. :)
I know, I know, it's an SRT now but one can't renounce its roots so easily. :p

:welcome:

Two grand ? On handling or power ? How about stage 1 and some sticky tires to go autocrossing ?

Do tell, you got me curious about it now. :huh:

Maybe lightweight wheels + tires and some suspension work so it doesn't look like a truck anymore

(stock ride height is way too high IMHO)

Roman said:
A turbo'ed Neon owner... I like you already. :)
I know, I know, it's an SRT now but one can't renounce its roots so easily. :p

:welcome:

Two grand ? On handling or power ? How about stage 1 and some sticky tires to go autocrossing ?

Do tell, you got me curious about it now. :huh:

Well its going to be both really however more suspension then power since ill be autocrossing the car. Yes I know the car has that truck like stance which I cant wait to remove. :) So to start I was going to get mopar stage 1 springs but im changing my mind to thier full out stage 3 coilover set since its fully adjustable I think its worth the price. Then of course new sway bars are coming along with strut bars. Tire wise im going to be runnning two sets. For daily driving ill be running 17" rota subzero rims with falken azeni's 225. For autocrossing ill be using stock rims but with Azenis 615 R's which just came out this year and Ive great things from people who've used them.

Power wise im going to go the cheap route and do stage 1 of course with a greddy e-01 e manage system and an AGP wastegate. If money allows ill be doing a full turboback exhaust as well.

But performance-wise you'd be better off with the rota's for the autocross, I bet they're lighter than your stock wheels.

Renesis said:
But performance-wise you'd be better off with the rota's for the autocross, I bet they're lighter than your stock wheels.

This is very true however I do not want to run the Azeni 615's R's for a daily driver. Thier tread rating is 200 along with they can only be used in dry perfect conditions. So Im going to scarfice them for some tires with better grip. Plus I want to keep the rotas in good condition. My stock rims already have been scuffed rather bad so if they fall off or they get smacked with something at an auto-x its no big deal. Besides if all else fails I can just rip the back seats out. 8)