Hello and first Question-

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPNSTI said:
I purchased a WRX STI about three months ago, and I love it.

Stock it doesn't come with a stereo, so Viper007Bond, I think your comments were about a WRX, not a WRX STI (world of difference I'm told).
It also doesn't come with floor mats. :?

There is enough room in the back seat to fit people comfortably, (more room than the RX-8 by the looks of it).
The trunk seems plenty big.

I'm not a great driver (not even remotely close to a Tiff or a Stig), and I haven't been to a track day or haven't tried autocross yet, but I intend to learn.
So I'm certainly not the best judge of the capabilities of the car, but the 1:30.1 time on the Top Gear track should say a lot (I'm not certain how similar that Type UK model, is to the USDM).

To me the car seems to be practical enough:
The ride is stiff, but not bone-jarring.
It is easy to drive for daily driving (has cruise control).
The gas mileage isn't the greatest if you drive it "enthusiastically" (around 17mpg city), but I have gotten 24mpg out of it once (highway).
I intend to drive it all year round as a daily driver, including this winter (as soon as my winter rims come in).
Oh yeah, you can absolutely NOT drive the summer tires in the winter, they behave like slicks. :D

It was amazing to me how much better this car is than my other car, a 93 Firebird Formula.

Top Gear had an episode with the STI, (you might still find it on Kazaa) :
hco_topgear.2003.06.15.WRX-STi-TUK_vs_EvoVIII.divx503.avi

For the Radio and floor mats it depends on where you live. In the US it's available as an option. In Canada both are standard, premium speakers being an option.

And for the space compared with the RX-8:

Rear Legroom

STi 838 mm
RX-8 820mm

Rear Headroom

STi 932 mm
RX-8 923 to 937mm depends on monroof or not

Rear Shoulder room

STi 1344 mm
RX-8 1394

Cargo Room

STi 311 L
RX-8 290 L

So yeah the STi is a tad bit better... but not by far.

Yah..it does depends which country you are in. In my country the STi has Premium CD Stereo, Fog lights, Immobilizer, Carpet Mats, Exhaust Cutter, 17" STi Sports Rims, Side body kit, bucket seats, STi spoiler, Rear under spoiler, Triple Meter, STi nut wheels, STi Pedals and Huper Optik lights. Sounds like a long nice list of features but when you hear the price, you will probably fall to the floor.

It cost an amazing S$136,000 on the road. The S in front of the $ means Singapore dollars which is roughly abt US$79,000 But what to do. I live in Singapore where road space are limited. It will remain my dream till I can afford one.

Ouch! that's friggin expensive! :shock:

BTW why did you put London as your location? :wink:

Oh..cos I'm here for a year studying overseas. Too bad I can't catch Top Gear on tv cos I dun have a tv in my room....I think I need to get one...REALLY bad!!!

No problem :lol:
And I find something very interesting though...
we are exact competitors.
You like the Mazda RX8 and I love the 350Z...
hmm...wonder which one's better....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.