Help diagnose the integra

All eurpoean cars ive seen or worked on have torx bits all over the place.

'94 Integra motors arn't interference motors correct? If they are, then a skipped timming belt could be bad. Could be valves tapping pistons. If not, a skipped belt would affect timming and performance as a result which may cause pinging. Otherwise it could be an electrical thing like an airflow meter or even the ecu. I know we had a service bulletin on 1MZ powered camrys for pinging which involved replacing the ecu with one that had revised mapping

'94 Integra motors arn't interference motors correct? If they are, then a skipped timming belt could be bad. Could be valves tapping pistons. If not, a skipped belt would affect timming and performance as a result which may cause pinging. Otherwise it could be an electrical thing like an airflow meter or even the ecu. I know we had a service bulletin on 1MZ powered camrys for pinging which involved replacing the ecu with one that had revised mapping

you are correct.

OP, check out www.team-integra.net (I think that's the address) they will have a better idea than most us.

I think it would throw the CEL if the airflow meter was bad, and the p28 computer never had such issues.

Yeah...my dad's Saab 9-3 has torx stuff everywhere...I refuse to touch it.