Help me choose a phone!!

Help me choose a phone!!

• Total voters

eddysdaman

Car(s)
Clue: It has boost.
So I've currently got a SE K750i which I've loved to death for about 2 1/2 years now but its time to upgrade. So far I've narrowed my choice to two phones, one not quite yet released but is the grandson of my own phone.

I realised Camera phones won't ever match the quality of a camera, but these are damn close and I really enjoy having a camera on me at any given time. So it's definitely a major factor in choosing a new phone.

Sony Ericsson's New Camera Phone: The K850i, a 5mp Cybershot
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k850-cam-en.shtml

or

Some might say the only iPhone worthy competitor that's not touch screen: The Nokia N95
http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemodels/nokia/nokia-n95-en.shtml

Poll it, or if you own one tell me about it or maybe suggest something similar?

We've got N95's at work. I don't dislike them...BUT...they are heck on batteries. And if you plan on running Nokia's email client on there in push mode...well, be prepared to not make it 12 hours even with no voice calls.

That aside, they are a great phone. But I have to have my email, as much as I'd like the 5mp camera.

Steve

The N95 is a brick, who cares if it plays movies and stuff, and as for the MP3 player just upgrade the K850i to 2gb and put your favorite songs on it or just get an MP3 player. At least the K850i looks really nice, and isn't that noticeable in your pockets.

This is also helped by the fact that the iPhone doesn't exist in Australia as of yet.

And yet, since Apple products are such 'hard hitting' news, almost every TV channel showed Australians shipping out to the US to be 'one of the first Aussies with an iPhone' :p

Im waiting for the k850i, I must sayt he new N95 8GB looks pretty good though.

So why do you need a new phone? I also have a k750i and i don't see the need for another phone. The 2mp camera is still very good I think. Or do you need features you will never use ;-)

Nothing like that, its the joystick which is starting to piss me off.

Wear and tear I guess, like I said, 2 1/2 years which in today's world is a long time to have a phone.

the new N95 8GB looks pretty good though.

Crap...

I didn't know this was on the way ... This makes it ALOT tougher now .... I was kinda set on the K850i ... THANKS ALOT :p

Last edited:
No worries m8, this is what is making my choise hard too. Im at the point of upgrading and Im struggling to decide.
I dont think I can wait too long though, as Im mobileless at the mo. I think I'll settle for the k850i

I just bought a Samsung U600... the camera is very good but just 3.2 mp, but it's really thin so I didn't care. The Nokia N-Series phones are all gigantic. Price is somwhat reasonable too without a contract, the phones from the carriers suck in North America.

I got a 2gb microSD and put some movies on it... screen is tiny but looks really bright and sharp. The battery life is pretty short, I think because it's such a slim pack (the RAZR was like this too).

samsung_u600.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen the k850i yet, but I plan on buying it, after having w810i for a year.
I plan on buying a DSLR camera, and I'd like to have a nice smaller camera,
and w810i has done that job great with only 2mpixels, I suppose the k850i will be much better.

I didn't like the photos the n95 took, and I don't like it's design or dimensions.

I think it will be a VERY long time before camera-phones can be realisticly compared to digital cameras (even low spec ones). It doesnt matter how many megapixels they are, there are other important features to consider too.
I have been impressed with shots from the N95 and k850i, but compared to the real thing........?

If you can wait, this is said to be coming out at the end of the year: Nokia N82

Basically it's an improved N95 in candybar form, which I love.

I think it will be a VERY long time before camera-phones can be realisticly compared to digital cameras (even low spec ones). It doesnt matter how many megapixels they are, there are other important features to consider too.
I have been impressed with shots from the N95 and k850i, but compared to the real thing........?

Sure, but I like having something that I know I'll always carry around,
and a k850i is just that.

Sure, but I like having something that I know I'll always carry around,
and a k850i is just that.

Tbh, I have the same reasoning lol. Plus I wouldnt mind a decent mp3 player function, which I hear SE's tend to have :)

Tbh, I have the same reasoning lol. Plus I wouldnt mind a decent mp3 player function, which I hear SE's tend to have :)

Seriously, I intend to buy a Canon 40d ( or something in that price range ),
and I really don't have the money for another small one, just for kicks,
and SE w810i was a surprisingly good little camera, and as an mp3 player it was
freaking awesome.

For some reason SE phones IMHO have nicer photos than either the Samsung or Nokia
models I've tried. Motorola's aren't worth mentioning.
I suppose this will turn out even better with the 5mpix camera.

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Soz to bump up this thread, but I went into an O2 store today to ask about the k850i, a guy in the shop said it would be released 9th October.
So just to let you know....:)

that is aweseome news!!

thankye very much :)

Still gonna be a while before it hits our shores though :p