Help me chose a new ride

Help me chose a new ride

• Total voters
Since it sounds like you've worked on them before and know what common failures are and the solutions, why not?

That's been my life motto lately: "Why not?"

PYC should be up by the end of the week :D. If I don't buy it now I'll regret it for years on end, at least I can look back with my grandkids and say "that was a piece of crap, but boy was it fast!"

I am surprised with the lack of love for the Bora. In a few years the 5 banger will be looked back with fond memories.

Did you consider a Boxster? How much is a base 2.7 facelift from around 2000? I still recommend ppl getting one even though I sold mine.

Stay away from the S4 - the B5 generation is notoriously unreliable with the 2.7 TT V6 and even the enthusiast owners won't call this a reliable car. Low mileage or not, I can not recommend that generation of S4. And that's before getiing to what a pain in the ass it is to service - this thing is a mechanic's nightmare.

Do some reading and you'll see what I mean. From the same era the E46 M3 for example while not a Subaru would be a much better choice when talking about that type of a car.

This, a million times this. I have a friend who has one in excellent condition and refuses to drive it because he is afraid of it breaking. They're beautiful cars but absolute nightmares when it comes to ownership. If it were up to me I would go with the 1-series or A3.

Boxters are around $22k, but I can't find a manual one. Plus, I don't want to see how much a Porsche service is in Costa Rica.
Possibly only the dealer has the tools/experience/know how to service them. Parts must be a nightmare as well.

Boxters are around $22k, but I can't find a manual one. Plus, I don't want to see how much a Porsche service is in Costa Rica.
Possibly only the dealer has the tools/experience/know how to service them. Parts must be a nightmare as well.

I loved(!!) my TipTronic to death, drove both and would take the Tip any day.. and I?m not alone. Why do you think there are that many Tips? Plus, they shift easy when you get bored with it. And $22k is a nice price. You have some links for Boxes that are for sale I could check out?

It?s easy to wrench yourself and parts are not always that expensive, service either.. do some research before you ditch it completely :) And do find one with complete service history, do a 111 point Porsche check and you will be fine.

Some of the ads expired, so only these two are available right now.
http://crautos.com/usados/economicos-useddetail.cfm?rmax=30&c=31214380
http://crautos.com/usados/economicos-useddetail2.cfm?rmax=30&c=1802008

I really really don't like automatics. Service options do appear to be limited to the dealer, and from what I've heard it is absurdly expensive service.
Sourcing parts is next to impossible, unless I use the internet and have them shipped from the US (expen$ive $hipping and taxe$).
Even though I am mechanically proficient, I don't have the room or tools to wrench on a car.
Lovely suggestion though, just not right for the country :p