Help me convince BBC America to air Top Gear episodes

badspy

So, I went to BBC America's website to look for an email address to send in a request that they start airing Top Gear. I, and I would assume a lot of the people here, get BBCA from their cable or satelite provider (I get it through DirecTV). They've got this form to fill out where you can request various shows to be added to their lineup.

The url to that form is here: http://www.bbcamerica.com/about/contactus_suggestion.jsp

If everyone that visits the forum makes the request, I'm sure they'll take notice. :p Even if BBCA butchers it by cutting it up and making it shorter, it could get more popular over here in the states leading to other shows like it to pop up as competition.

I don't get BBC america and I prefer to have them saved on my comp anyway. Good idea though

and I prefer to have them saved on my comp anyway

same, would you stop getting them here if they aired on BBC america? If so then it makes no sense to be able to watch it on tv when you can d/l and watch it many times over but do what u wish. :wink:

If they air it in the US, they might have to cut all the American jokes and do more French ones.

Yeah, I had run across this before.

Vuk said:
they will NEVER air the whole show

yup... over here they have it on bbc world and its only 1/2 an hour... they take out some parts... e.g. the guests appearance and the stuff like Disco. going up the mountain or train vs. db9

Not a chance that they'll show them - no one dies at the end, and its right-wing rather than left-wing.

If they did show them, they would remove everything that was funny and unique about the show while cutting it to fit US time slots.

TheDude said:
Not a chance that they'll show them - no one dies at the end, and its right-wing rather than left-wing.
How is Top Gear right wing?

It's not that I disagree with you necessarily, I would just never interpret Top Gear as being right or left wing.

zenon said:
It's not that I disagree with you necessarily, I would just never interpret Top Gear as being right or left wing.
Nor I.