Help me decide - Corrado vs. UrS4

Help me decide - Corrado vs. UrS4

• Total voters
parts for the I5 are a bitch to find and are expensive. if you get a urs4 make sure it has been maintained because not only will it like to break, it will be something tricky you never expected. then you spend all your money fixing what ended up not being the problem.

eventually you will get sick of it and sell it for a profit to buy suspension for your new car. trust me, it happens (former audi 5000 owner)

Tough decision , but I think I'll go with the Corrado. I've always liked the looks, and it'd be the one I'd pick if I was in your position.

The Corrado is an awesome car, but if you have the chance to buy an Audi with an S badge don't ever hesitate, especially if it's a 20v Turbo.

I once asked my Audi mechanic who tunes 20v and races them how much power a stock 20v Turbo would make, he said "how much do you want?"

The Audi S2 is one of my favorite cars of all time.

I voted Corrado, as long as you get the VR6. I've actaully driven both cars. The Corrado is unbeatable for the sound and even though it is front wheel drive it just handles so well. The S4 I Drove was a 94 and it had quite a bit more power than i was expecting and being a 4 door it is just so useable. A warning about the S4 though, my friend was driving down the highway at about 175 in it, hit a hard compression and one of the wheels snapped off, im sure this is not reflective of all the S4's and doing 175 is probably what did it. Although I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Liftback/Fastback > Wagon

You'd have to get back nearly thirty years to get an Audi in that shape! ;)

It's not that the Corrado isn't a nice car as well, I just think that it's always been in the shadow of the Golf GTI - the shape isn't too different, it's got no major detail that'd make it stand out compared to the Golf.

If you should go for a Corrado, be sure not to take a version with a G-charger! (They've got a terrible reputation in terms of reliablility over here.)

Audi S4 pwnage. It's classy, good-looking (never was a fan of the Corrado), almost as rare, more practical, has typical 4WD advantages, more luxurious, and nothing's cooler than a fast wagon.

Damn...I still didn't voted because I can make up my mind!
I need to drive them to choose.

I'd go the Corrado simply because I've never seen one of those and I've seen plenty of those type of Audi's. Both seem pretty nice, but the Corrado is something unique to me as I've never seen one on the roads here in Sydney.

Don't think I've ever seen one here either (had to look up who made it), but still, AWD > FWD.

I like both. They're both made by VAG. I love VAG. I picked the Corrado just because it is a unique product of the VAG. The S4 is unique and just as rare a VAG car, but some thing cool about the name "Corrado" tips the scale.

The VAG, surprisingly, is also where babies come from.

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

They perform about the same:

Power: Corrado 190hp@5800, S4 230hp@5900
Torque: Corrado 245Nm@4200, S4 350Nm@1950rpm
Weight: Corrado 1210kg, S4 1610kg
0-100km/h: Corrado 6.9s, S4 6.8s
400m: Corrado 15.1s, S4 14.9s
1000m: Corrado 27.5s, S4 27.5s

Last edited:
You'd have to get back nearly thirty years to get an Audi in that shape! ;)
Mine was made in 1990. And the S2 was made til 1994. Not to mention the 80's Coupe GTs and UrQuattros were hatchbacks.

AudiRearRight.jpg

Just to repeat everyone else's opinion - Audi.

I've always had a soft spot for Audis right from the first time I laid my eyes on the original Aero 100.

Its a VW when was the last RWD VW???

Like the Vanagon or something.

the bug? :(
can't think of any other (except if you take karmann ghia into account)

(but i can remember mautzel posting a rwd vw in guess that car game, but i'd never heard of it, the name was a letter code iirc)

PS: in what way does the corrado look anything like the golf? ausies here didn't even know the brand by looking at it, so there can't be that much ressemblance

You probably mean the SP2 which is based on the Beetle AFAIK. As far as I know the last RWD VW was the T3 Transporter / Bus, but there still has been a RWD VW called the 1500 in Brazil in 1992 (which was based on the Chrysler Avenger, though).

I think the Corrado and Golf are rather similar simply because of the shape which is an ordinary hatchback shape, and they don't differ much in the size either. Perhaps I don't get the fascination of it as it isn't an extremely rare sight on German roads.