Help me decide - Corrado vs. UrS4

Help me decide - Corrado vs. UrS4

• Total voters
Corrados are nice cars. Handles pretty well (a lot better than any Golf of the same era) and looks pretty okay, although it is still recognisable as a Golf coupe (which was exactly what VW intended afaik). And especially with the 2.9l 190ps VR6 it is a very nice car. But the Audi is the better allrounder (at least imho). They are both about as fast, and i'm pretty certain the Corrado will outhandle the Audi. But i feel sorry for everyone who has to sit in the back seat of a Corrado because it is not a nice place to be in (no headroom, almost no legroom), although it is better than in most 2+2 coupe's (there is actually room between the rear and the front seats). Secondly, the Audi is far more luxurious than most Corrados. Over here you'd be hard pressed to find a Corrado with aircon or even airbags for instance. Let alone leather seats. Most S4s however were fitted with these optional extras (yes, all these things were optional on both cars).

So in short, if you never take more than 1 passenger and don't care about boot-space or creature comforts, go for the Corrado. If you plan on taking more than 1 passenger on a regular basis, want to do some shopping with it, and want some creature comforts, go for the S4.

(oh, and like posted before, nothing can beat turbocharged Audi I-5 engines for sheer coolness, not even the VR6)

Last edited:
I opted for the corrado.. Great engine.. I have a turbocharged version of that engine in my vr6 syncro..

You probably mean the SP2 which is based on the Beetle AFAIK. As far as I know the last RWD VW was the T3 Transporter / Bus, but there still has been a RWD VW called the 1500 in Brazil in 1992 (which was based on the Chrysler Avenger, though).

Volks had only RWD cars here back on the 70's, the SP2 being the sports one, very nice if I might add. The 1500 was not sold here, tough. The T3/Bus is still being produced, with water cooled Flexfuel engines (I hate them, but they're cheap).

As for the cars, I have never driven any. I love VR6's but I don't get the point with the Corrados, they look too similar to Golfs for me. And, as was said AWD>FWD. So, I'd take the Audi.

PS- @ Mautzel and others that may be interested:
This is a page about the SP2 that has translation to english and spanish, if you want to read. The translation is not that good, but it's still easy to understand.
http://www.vwsp2.com.br/en/

I've driven a '92 S4 and it was awesome. The turbo comes in smooth and low in the rev band, there's a huge amount of torque, and it will put you in your seat all the way to 7 grand. They handle great and are incredibly comfortable. Mid-90's Audi interiors are my favorite of every car I've been near, owned, or sat in. Everything is perfect and there's not a lot of extra useless shit.

Haven't driven either or them, but based just off looking at the two, I'd go for the VW just to be different. I could be a classic someday and Audi's are too damn popular. S4 is sweet, but A4's are everywhere.

The ur'S4 is based on the old Audi 100, it's not an A4.

Well, that's even worse then.

I have a friend with a Audi 100 with the V6, but it's all jacked up at the moment.

Im sorry you go for that audi and people will think you have got an old audi. Get the Rado and people will ask you when it was made.

Im sorry you go for that audi and people will think you have got an old audi. Get the Rado and people will ask you when it was made.

I'm bringing this thread back to point something out. People say they're both rare cars, but they're wrong. Over the entire production of Corrados, they made about 97,000 Corrados.

However, original S-cars (UrS4/S6) were limited. In north America it was generally 500-1000 PER YEAR, so there's less than 7,000 in the entire country of the United States.

So yeah... the 'rado is a great car, but it is NOT really that rare. Ur-S-cars are. 'Rados... not so much.

I've driven both, and I bought an S6 Avant. One of 300. It's big, heavy, but it's fast, solid, elegant, and stealthy. I like both, but for more of a "grown up", the Avant wins.

I'm bringing this thread back to point something out. People say they're both rare cars, but they're wrong. Over the entire production of Corrados, they made about 97,000 Corrados.

However, original S-cars (UrS4/S6) were limited. In north America it was generally 500-1000 PER YEAR, so there's less than 7,000 in the entire country of the United States.

So yeah... the 'rado is a great car, but it is NOT really that rare. Ur-S-cars are. 'Rados... not so much.

I've driven both, and I bought an S6 Avant. One of 300. It's big, heavy, but it's fast, solid, elegant, and stealthy. I like both, but for more of a "grown up", the Avant wins.

For your first thread, you resort to thread necromancy? A thread that's been dead almost three years??

http://img509.imageshack.**/img509/102/threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

For your first thread, you resort to thread necromancy? A thread that's been dead almost three years??

http://img509.imageshack.**/img509/102/threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

Yep. Just wanted to clear up misinformation. The Ur-Scars are about 10x more rare than the Corrado. Both are nice, but the UrS interior is much much nicer, with a better engine. The VR6 is a fuel hog, and upgrading is expensive. For about $500 you can push the AAN I5 in an UR-S car to around 300hp. For 1500-2000, you can be making over 400hp. If you spend 5 grand, you can make a retarded amount of power. Best part is, the rest of the drivetrain takes it no problem.

Lets see, which one of them is Fail Wheel Drive? I think the choice is pretty clear... S4 with the Corrado body on top :D

I nearly fell off my chair at the thought of comparing a Corrado to an Audi. Probably because the Corrado comes with a pre-installed chav exterior.

Edit: Fuck, 3 year old thread? :roll:

Definitely choose the S4 over the Corrado.

4wd 5-pot turbo?

Who the hell would go for the VW?!

I hit the new posts button and saw this thread and asked myself... WTF???

I ended up with a 95.5 S6 by the way, but I still want a Corrado dangit! Of course, now I will just own both and not choose between them.

I hit the new posts button and saw this thread and asked myself... WTF???

I ended up with a 95.5 S6 by the way, but I still want a Corrado dangit! Of course, now I will just own both and not choose between them.

Nice, what'd you end up doing to it? Here's mine!

IMG_6141.jpg

So far the only upgrade is 2.0 watt dash bulbs. I have some H&Rs and bilsteins sitting in the garage for it, but I won't do that til next spring. I'm kind of thinking ground controls instead of the H&Rs, purely because I could adjust the stance pretty easily. Thoughts?

Also right now I'm getting a miss at WOT, so it isn't fast... dammit. It used to be. I just plan on chipping it until I get a steadier job.