Help me find a RWD Sportscar... IN GERMANY

Ha. I was wondering why the language was more bizarre than normal. :p

Allegro is great, I sometimes just browse and wish I had access to some of those cars. I can't help but feel that once I go to Poland in the fall, that I will come back with my bags will of euro car parts.

Yeah I've replaced lots of stuff, like power steering, lower control arms including every f***ing bushing there is, engine speed and temperature sensors and that was just this year...
I've done most of that stuff mysself, but since I have a new job, nowadays I rarely find the time, everything has to be done in a shop wich is freaking expensive :D

Really? My car was built in 2002, and all I've invested in it is oil and one brake fluid change...

Your car is not a VAG product :p

What? Spectre is away for the day, somebody has to do it :p

Last edited:
OK my $0.02.

After the Ibiza (130PS? 310Nm I'm guessing) I would steer clear of the RX8. They have a really sweet handling chassis but peak torque is really high in the rev range and not that high. My mum has the same model Ibiza and the surge as it tries to headbutt the horizon never ceases to amaze me and I reckon you will miss that. Plus your fuel bills are going to rocket.

Does it have to be petrol? I'm not that familiar with what is available but BMW and Mercedes surely make a few diesel RWD coupes that would give the thrills without the bills?

OK my $0.02.

After the Ibiza (130PS? 310Nm I'm guessing) I would steer clear of the RX8. They have a really sweet handling chassis but peak torque is really high in the rev range and not that high. My mum has the same model Ibiza and the surge as it tries to headbutt the horizon never ceases to amaze me and I reckon you will miss that. Plus your fuel bills are going to rocket.

Does it have to be petrol? I'm not that familiar with what is available but BMW and Mercedes surely make a few diesel RWD coupes that would give the thrills without the bills?

A BMW 123d (coupe) would fit that bill.

123d Coupe is pretty interessting, it seems to realisticly use about 7,5l/100km thats would'nt be too much of a shock. Although I'm ok with paying a premium for fuel.

I Also agree with MWF about the RX8, after having driven the TDI for so long it would be a letdown I'm sure. Mine's even slightly optimised (think 165hp / 370Nm, I should really open a thread in the post your car subforum :D) so something with low-down torque would be apreciated.

Off to the BMW Dealership ;-)

Last edited:
Think that might nail it. 204PS and 400nM, 7 sec 0-100 km/h and tops out at 238km/h.

Seems to fit the bill.

Well speaking of BMW's:

The 123d is an animal. Drove a 123d coupe once, holy crap, that thing moves. Same goes for the Z4 3.0, friend had a Z4 3.0 Coupe, really nice to drive, nice handling, epic engine sound, he drove it with 9l/100km in the mix, which I consider isn't too shabby for a 3l Straight Six. Then again, BMW comes at a price, so everything done at the dealer will hurt.

Speaking of cars, you might check the "Cars for sale" section in the Touri forum, right now a Z4 is in there for 19k :)

As well, what about a 3 series? Lots of 320d and 330i in your price range....

Little update: Turns out my company bought a Genesis Coupe V6 for testing purposes. I might be able to get it for a whole day, to get a real good impression of what it's like to live with one. Will update with pics, once I get the car!

You work for an automotive supplier? :)

Didn't the OP say he wants a sports car?

The v6 is lacking in many areas in comparison to the V8 version. That being said performing a Watts link conversion on a V8 equipped model does wonders for the car's handling. I performed this feat to mine about a month ago.

This being said, have you tried looking for say.....perhaps a low mileage Corvette that may be a little bit older?

How much does a lightly used Evora go for over there? They don't keep their value well at all here in the States, recently saw a used one with 13k on it for $29k.

@V8Demon, we are talking Germany here. No V8 Genesis, and Corvettes are fucking expensive. You can get a C5 with ~150.000km on it for 20.000?, but do you want that? Naaah.

@AiR He does ;)

@mitchell: Cheapest Evora is ~50.000?.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Air: Yepp, tier 1 supplier for Merc, Porsche, Jaguar, Aston-Martin and lots of others. I'm a testing engineer in the R&D department (read as: I get to do the fun stuff) ;-)

Talked to the guy in charge of the Genesis Coupe, I'll drive it on thursday.

Corvettes are fucking expensive. You can get a C5 with ~150.000km on it for 20.000?, but do you want that? Naaah

No I wouldn't want that. That's ridiculous.
I guess I'm just used to the prices for used ones here. With a little searching, one could get a C6 for that price with less than half the km you mention.