Help me win a restoration for my classic Ford by voting!

I think it's based on some sort of "viral score" bollocks thingy.

Also, well cool Ford, voted.

Wow! Thanks guys for all the support! You can vote every 24 hours, so please feel free to vote regularly for the next few weeks LOL
If I win this contest, I'll make sure to make it worth your time by doing something crazy...(I'm open to ideas)

Sorry, but I think you are not exactly short on money. I am pretty sure you could pocket the $10 000 on your own. I would rather vote someone else who might actually need the money.

Sorry, but I think you are not exactly short on money. I am pretty sure you could pocket the $10 000 on your own. I would rather vote someone else who might actually need the money.

This tbh. Would rather give the chance to some student who's maintaining a daily driver Mustang or something ordinary rather than an obviously wealthy guy with a sizeable car collection. FinalGear or not.

No shit. I'd like to think that once I accumulated a garage of cars with a combined value around a quarter of a million dollars with a website devoted to them, I'd consider myself above e-panhandling. Especially when I was trying to win the money away from people who likely can't afford the restoration on their own.

Woolery is like the guy on the street corner in the wheelchair begging for change, but at the end of the day he stands up, puts the wheelchair in the back of his car, and drives home.

Last edited:

This tbh. Would rather give the chance to some student who's maintaining a daily driver Mustang or something ordinary rather than an obviously wealthy guy with a sizeable car collection. FinalGear or not.

No shit. I'd like to think that once I accumulated a garage of cars with a combined value around a quarter of a million dollars with a website devoted to them, I'd consider myself above e-panhandling. Especially when I was trying to win the money away from people who likely can't afford the restoration on their own.

This.

The '50 Ford is already on the road, and from the pics it looks to be in better condition than my, much younger, Triumph to start with... I'd rather see one of the dead cars return to the road than a tidy runner turned into a show winner.

As a general rule, I tend to avoid making assumptions about peoples financial situations. Especially when I know just how little they spent for their cars.

As a general rule, I tend to avoid making assumptions about peoples financial situations. Especially when I know just how little they spent for their cars.
When you are a owner of multiple nice cars and a website detailing multiple car projects it's hard to imagine you are hurting for money. Somehow I can't imagine the situation being that he absolutely couldn't restore the Ford if he really wanted to, at worst it could be an inconvenience like having to give up some other project or having to sell one of his other cars. For some others in the competition the situation might be a lot of worse, it could be make or break.

Woolery is like the guy on the street corner in the wheelchair begging for change, but at the end of the day he stands up, puts the wheelchair in the back of his car, and drives home.

Woolery hasn't hidden anything from us about the other cars he owns and never claimed to be unable to produce the money, so no, I wouldn't make that comparison. That said, I agree that there may be some other projects that are more deserving. I'll take a look.

Woolery hasn't hidden anything from us about the other cars he owns and never claimed to be unable to produce the money, so no, I wouldn't make that comparison. That said, I agree that there may be some other projects that are more deserving. I'll take a look.

His contest entry sure doesn't say anything about his extensive car collection, now does it?

That's because the entry text is limited to 700 characters.

For what it's worth, I do have a decent collection of cars. I do not, however, make all that much money as they would seem to indicate. I'm not rich; believe it or not I actually live paycheck to paycheck just like most of you. The difference is that I've just scrimped and saved my income (actually quite below average for my geographic location and skill set) to get what I do have...and have been fortunate to luck into some very good deals. That's what I think is the most amazing thing about my collection...that I've managed to attain it at all.

I owned only one car (my Miata) for over 17 years, saving every spare penny over that time (and living like a miser) to eventually buy the Atom. It was a singular goal which drove my life at the time. I am still paying off the Lotus in the same way (which I bought for a song and figure will take another 5 years to pay off). I lucked into the others, paying between $1000-$4000 each (again taken from savings).

I do my own work and save up to buy the stuff needed to complete the car projects, which is why they take so long (years) to complete. I carefully read the contest rules to see if there was anything there, implicitly or explicitly, that stated whether the contest had a charitable aspect to it, and saw none. I saw this contest as a great opportunity to get one of the cars completely finished, so I entered it.

I can understand your position, though, and won't hold it against you if you decide that I don't deserve your votes as a result. I know what it's like to have to scrimp and save to get things, and can understand it if you feel someone else should get the karma. Thank you for taking the time to consider it anyway. :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your help so far! Now, if we can just keep up the momentum, we'd be set!

Make sure to vote each day from every computer & mobile device you own!

Here's an updated link for voting: http://bit.ly/QSvjf4

done :D

1. This competition is not about charity.
2. If anything, I have more trust in Mr.Woolery on spending 10k well on this car.
3. If you want to be idealistic and fair, then don't be naive and recognize that all top contestants are doing it, just go ahead and use the google. There are some nice projects with zero votes, and some truly horrible ones with hundreds. This is a popularity contest and they don't hide it. The one who makes an effort to present the case and advertise it wins it. No cheating here in my view.
4. Mr.W is an FGer and we get to see the process/result - at least one incentive :)

Hey guys! I'm currently in first place, but noticed that the new second place runner is gaining on me FAST! Please keep voting for me, and if you can, please share my entry on other forums, boards, etc. Now is the crunch time, these last few days will REALLY make or break us! Thanks!

Just click on the link, then scroll down and click on the "Vote For This Entry" button. You can vote every day from each of your computers, so please vote each day! Thank you so much for your continued support.

http://bit.ly/12AfVFB