Hennessey Performance Venom GT

orangefizz

Car(s)
2007 Honda Fit Sport
Hennessey Performance Venom GT becomes "world's fastest car" after touching 435.5km/h

http://www.aninews.in/newsdetail7/s...9-s-fastest-car-after-touching-435-5km-h.html

lotusexige.jpg

But not "production car"...

And one more pointless non-guiness confirmed "record". I wonder if they ever manage to get their speed approved...

Considering the size of the operation compared to actual car company, they've done something pretty well for themselves..
Granted, the car would probably scare the living shit out of 99.9% of potential buyers, but I'm sure that will appeal to enough cashed up nut jobs to shift at least a couple of units.

It's a Hennessy. It won't work properly, if getting delivered at all. The most scary thing about it is the idea of doing business with Hennessy.

Well, the body is originally from Lotus, engine from a Corvette and the gearbox from Ricardo...

In other words they fiddled with the suspension, engine and the body a bit, in order to call it a brand new car and charge outrageous prices for it.

Caught the same topic on Reddit, was very pleased with the replies in that thread as well, every single one was mocking and making fun of John Hennessey. :)

It's a tuner car. A damn quick one, but holding it up to the likes of the Veyron isn't exactly a good comparison. A One:1 compared to the Veyron, on the other hand...

I just wish they had told us what kind of oil they use in the engine. That was information that was lacking from this video...

I just wish they had told us what kind of oil they use in the engine. That was information that was lacking from this video...

Not a big Hennessey fan but, you have to admit that he has a lot of ball building his own car that can achieve this kind of performance. However, to set a world speed record don't you have to complete two runs in opposite directions within an hour?

yes....to get into most record books that is required, which is why this isn't an official record.

I don't see how this "takes a lot of balls". Build the crap out of a Corvette engine at the same time as keeping everything as light as possible, do some aero testing to make sure the car isn't gonna lift off and get the drag down, and you too could do could "Say you are better then a Veyron". Oh yeah, and do it at the expense of paying customers too. It still drives me nuts that they essentially stole the design of the car from Lotus (even if they licensed it from them or whatever).

Sure, the Veyron has the top speed record or whatever, but its so much more then just that record. This car doesn't even compare at all. Every aspect of the Veyron had an extensive research and development process that started from scratch. Every aspect of this Hennesy thing is essentially no more then a glorified tuner car. A Veyron is supposed to last a lifetime. I wonder how long the LS engine in the Venom will last when its pushing that much power (I bet its less then 10K miles).

If you type in "Fastest Road Legal Standing Mile", there are a bunch of road legal cars that have beaten the top speed of this car by a significant marging, doing pretty much the same thing it is (massive power and a bit of aero)....

First one to come up.... http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/watch-a-modified-ford-gt-go-283-mph-in-a-standing-mile/

At the very least, they took a good looking car and made a cartoonish bastardization out of it.

Extreme-izing the function of Power vs. Frontal Surface Area isn't that impressive, and that's all top speed is. You can always shave another centimeter off the roof line or add an extra .1 PSI of boost.