HERE IT IS!! Nissan GT-R embargo broken by MotorTrend!

You know, the more I look at it, the more I like it. Its starting to grow on me just like the RX-8 did.

ithink its looks pretty good but as compared to other '08 cars coming out its ok. You can tell though that interior design wasn't on their priority list.

I read low 70K USD range. Exactly what a ZO6 costs.
Thanks. Well then, at that price I don't see how it will be the "Corvette Killer" I've heard people say; not with the performance numbers we know so far (maybe it will kill the base Vette :rolleyes: ). The GTR and Z06 sound fairly identical performance-wise on paper, and I would think that no matter how well sorted the GTR's AWD is it could still be a hindrance on a road course.

like the rear leg room XD and that front is just hideous. stock corvette killer maybe... but a Z06..... and the new ss/bluedevil whatever. i doubt. but time will tell.

Thanks. Well then, at that price I don't see how it will be the "Corvette Killer" I've heard people say; not with the performance numbers we know so far (maybe it will kill the base Vette :rolleyes: ). The GTR and Z06 sound fairly identical performance-wise on paper, and I would think that no matter how well sorted the GTR's AWD is it could still be a hindrance on a road course.

The GT-R's only saving grace is that it'll do what it has always been known to do... make bad drivers look good. That combined with it's likely "mod factor" which is right up there with the z06 makes them pretty good competition.

The GT-R will likely be the better road car, it may be a bit slower but is so easy to drive on the track and comfortable off the track that it makes that perfect combination of daily driver and track car.

All we can really do is wait and see.

Does anybody have any idea how much the GT-R is going to be?

LOL, I got a call from my dad the other day, he put himself on the waiting list for one! Hopefully if he can snag one, I'll do a test drive and give you all the inside scoop!! this is awesome!!!

Paying Porsche money for a Nissan? Yikes.

I don't know. The top spec model will probably be over $100grand. I'm thinking it'll be priced very closely with the new Corvette ZR1. Now that would be an interesting shootout.

The GT-R will likely be the better road car, it may be a bit slower but is so easy to drive on the track and comfortable off the track that it makes that perfect combination of daily driver and track car.

All we can really do is wait and see.

Great commentary; I agree.

Does anybody have any idea how much the GT-R is going to be?

The MSRP is widely rumored to be between 70,000 and 80,000 USD. However, when you go to the dealer to pick one up they will NOT sell it to you at MSRP because the high demand means there are plenty of buyers who are willing to pay alot more than the MSRP to own the first batch. So it depends.

But technically speaking it will be the "same price" as a C6 Z06.

LOL, I got a call from my dad the other day, he put himself on the waiting list for one! Hopefully if he can snag one, I'll do a test drive and give you all the inside scoop!! this is awesome!!!

Holy crap! Keep us updated dude 8)

Paying Porsche money for a Nissan? Yikes.

I don't know. The top spec model will probably be over $100grand. I'm thinking it'll be priced very closely with the new Corvette ZR1. Now that would be an interesting shootout.

Paying porsche money for a chevy? yikes ;)

The first batch with the three trim levels won't likely be in the six figures in terms of MSRP. As I said before the MSRP will probably be the same as the C6 Z06....however you will not be able to walk into a dealer and hand them a check for the MSRP amount and expect to drive away. The high demand will allow the dealers to mark up the price significantly. So the actually market price may be quite a bit higher.

Rumors of more hardcore versions may have MSRPs in the 80,000+ USD range.....only time will tell.

You're letting your dad buy a GTR over a Viper?!

The MSRP is widely rumored to be between 70,000 and 80,000 USD. However, when you go to the dealer to pick one up they will NOT sell it to you at MSRP because the high demand means there are plenty of buyers who are willing to pay alot more than the MSRP to own the first batch. So it depends.

But technically speaking it will be the "same price" as a C6 Z06.
Well, I guess the price, given that there actually are enough GT-Rs available, very much depends on the market in the specific country. For the Z06 however, you pay twice as much in Germany than you pay in the US. Therefore, I hope they don't raise that kind of money here. If they do a 1:1 conversion though, the car is the bargain of the century. And they probably might, as it would be the first high performance Nissan officially offered in Germany.

Last edited:
The GTR will make mince meat of the regular Corvette, so it will compete with the Z06. It also has the exact same performance figures as the Porsche 911 Turbo (but is half the price.) The GTR's main competitor will be the Z06, and I think it'll be a bit faster on the track then the Vette.

2008 Nissan GT-R

$70,000 USD
1720 kg / 3792 lbs
VR38DETT V6
3800 cc / 231.9 cu in
473 bhp/434 ft lbs
7000 RPM redline
0-60 mph= 3.5 s
1/4 mile= 11.7 s
Top Speed= 310.6 kph / 193 mph

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

$65 800 USD
1420 kg / 3130 lbs
Cast Aluminum LS7 V8 w/Dry Sump Lubrication
7011 cc / 427.8 cu in
500 bhp @ 6200 rpm/475 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm
7000 RPM redline
0-60 mph= 3.6 s
0-100 mph= 8.3 s
1/4 mile=12 s
Top Speed= 318.7 kph / 198 mph

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

$129 685 USD
1588 kg / 3500 lbs
Aluminum M96/70S Flat-6
3596 cc / 219.4 cu in
480 bhp @ 6000 rpm/457.3 ft lbs @ 1950 rpm
0-60 mph= 3.5 s
0-100 mph= 9.0 s
1/4 mile= 11.7 s
Top Speed= 310.6 kph / 193 mph

$70-80,000 is much more reasonable for the GT-R. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up, option/trim packages and whatnot. I sure hope the GT-R's supercomputers can work a miracle, because that power/weight ratio doesn't inspire much confidence against the Z06 and 911Turbo.