Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
It's now officially official with Subaru releasing a series of pics today:

sti__01.jpg

sti__02.jpg

sti__03.jpg

sti__05.jpg

wrx_sti_int.jpg

Call me crazy, but I reckon this is the best looking STi to date :drool:

EDIT: Oh btw, 2000th post party!!!!!!!!!!! :mouse: :banana: :cheers::burnrubber::w00t::bunny::hump::driving: :woot:

http://img461.imageshack.**/img461/8676/2000cz0.jpg

Last edited:
It's grown on me too. And the more I see of the new Evo, the more I dislike it.

i agree

i want one!

Call me crazy, but I reckon this is the best looking STi to date :drool:

You're crazy! The best looking STi is still the one parked in your garage. And, maybe the 2nd redesign of the last-generation one (yeah, that sounds more complicated than it is).

I'll probably think it's the greatest car in the known universe in about 3 months, and I'll end up ripping out my kidneys to own one. But for now, it still looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man's orthopedic shoes. Hey, he's old, he's got back problems, all that stomping around New York City can't be good for his osteoporosis.

Not quite the best STi to date but I do have to say I quite like it. It could do without those awful Altezza rear lights, but my god this is much better than the Evo. Now make the hatch into a saloon and you've got a winner :D

It looks like a fat kid that's put on a pair of running spikes and is telling everyone they're the world's fastest runner. No, it's just not right, is it?

That's how I feel about this gen Impreza, it just isn't to me, in my mind, what an Impreza should be. It looks too damn awkward, too many lines and the fact that it's only a hatch is blasphemous.

Flyingfridge owns what I think is one of the hardest looking WRX's/STi's, it just looks like what a hot Jap sedan should look like. Subaru, better luck next time.

But for now, it still looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man's orthopedic shoes. Hey, he's old, he's got back problems, all that stomping around New York City can't be good for his osteoporosis.
"Nice thinking, Ray!"
"I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

:lol:

When I first saw the new Imprezza I very nearly searched around for something to stab my eyes out with. But now, especially after seeing the STi, I'm starting to come around to it's looks. It's quite nice in silver. :)

... it still looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man's orthopedic shoes. Hey, he's old, he's got back problems, all that stomping around New York City can't be good for his osteoporosis.
We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble. :p

The standard Impreza looks like a Camry to me. This looks like a ricey Camry. But damnit Subaru, it's already growing on me. Gah, seriously it bugs the hell out of me how I've hated every Impreza for like the last 10 years; for about 2-3 months anyway, then I get used to it ... then eventually I want one. DAMN YOU SUBARU!!! :lol:

I personally love it as well... something very unique, I saw the WRX in flesh last week and I liked it (I wouldn't say I loved it, that would be retained for the GC8) but it's very nice, on par with the other wrx's.

And the pic is my avatar makes the WRX look very very fierce.

You're crazy! The best looking STi is still the one parked in your garage. And, maybe the 2nd redesign of the last-generation one (yeah, that sounds more complicated than it is).

I'll probably think it's the greatest car in the known universe in about 3 months, and I'll end up ripping out my kidneys to own one. But for now, it still looks like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man's orthopedic shoes. Hey, he's old, he's got back problems, all that stomping around New York City can't be good for his osteoporosis.

This is what happen when Toyota getting hands on stuff that isn't theirs!! :lol:

Butt ugly. :lol:

Not that bad honestly, but I dislike hatches. I wish it had a proper trunk. :(

STi won't be released as a sedan anywhere. It's hatch only.

Doesn't float my boat, still pick the Evo. But let's just be content that we have a choice between two wonderful machines.

Nope, no thanks. It's aggro certainly, but pretty it ain't.

And they've been pretty in the past? They've always been aggro!

I think that looks simply awesome, much better than the normal WRX.

Nope, STILL fugly. Been fugly since the concept photos arrived, and it's still fugly now and it will remain fugly untill the next generation, where it will be replaced by an even fuglier one (and then this whole process will repeat itself).

You people really have lost standards when it comes automotive design. IT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING KIA!! SHIT, EVEN THE LATEST KIA LOOKS BETTER THAN A FUCKING KIA!

when I spoke to the salesman about the STi... according to him, a Sedan is in the making? Or was he just full of shit?

He was sort of full of shit.

There is a sedan. Only for North America, maybe even just the USA. And it's only the econo models that will get the sedan treatment.

Puck you Subaru, puck you.

P.S. Only Aussies who watch ABC on Wednesdays will get that.

Last edited: