Here 'tis! New STi Officially Official Pics

Ghey. The STi has always looked best as a sedan and not some "hot hatch". I hate hatches for a reason. :(

Puck you Subaru, puck you.

P.S. Only Aussies who watch ABC on Wednesdays will get that.

Oh fuck I hate that show....

as for the car. Looks kinda tough but not sure it's really an STi if you know what I mean.

when I spoke to the salesman about the STi... according to him, a Sedan is in the making? Or was he just full of shit?

There is going to be a WRX sedan here in Oz and in the US, but there will be an STi sedan nowhere. Oh btw, salesmen get the same news we do, In most cases forum readers know what's going on before salesmen do! I'm a salesman, companies tell us nothing.

Last edited:
There is going to be a WRX sedan here in Oz and in the US, but there will be an STi sedan nowhere. Oh btw, salesmen get the same news we do, In most cases forum readers know what's going on before salesmen do! I'm a salesman, companies tell us nothing.

hmm... I think I may have got him/me confused with the WRX and STi... I think he meant that there would be a WRX sedan next year.

It would look good if it was a damn saloon

eeuuugh! what have they done to it? it's gone ugly again! in that grey the back looks like a hippos arse.

22567709.jpg

any why is it a hatch? have they done that purely to make the WRC version better?

Please, elaborate why sedan would be better than hatch? If you like the look of a sedan then ok I get it but if you try to say it's somehow better I just don't.
Hatch provides much more trunk space and in versatile form. And it's better looking in general.

And about the STi. Oh I just love it, I absolutely adore it!

Actually, I kinda like it now, but I didn't before. :)

Happy 2000th post Flyingfridge

my only reason for wondering why the f they made it a hatch is because all scoobies were sedans

I liked it...let's wait to see the performance capabilities.

I really do not want to admit it, but the look the Impreza hatch is really growing on me, WRX and STI.

I used this for a background image at work, and stared at it for nearly an hour...it was then this lightswitch flipped on and my inner thoughts said, "Oooohhhh....I get it now".

Something else to consider: Subaru is pretty dinky company, just because they are owned FHI does not always mean Uncle Fuji is going to send money their way. So, if they were to to redesign a car, they would have to pick either drivetrain or body, but not both.

I think they made the right decision, really.

I used this for a background image at work, and stared at it for nearly an hour...it was then this lightswitch flipped on and my inner thoughts said, "Oooohhhh....I get it now".

Ok... let try this experiment again with the tubgirl image. I'm interested in seeing what you think about that after an hour.:mrgreen::p

I say it looks pretty decent, interior is definately a step up from previous versions. Exterior is great compared to what the WRX is.

But there's just something about it I can't put into words, and I'm not sure whether I like it or not. The new Impreza looked like failsauce, but the STI really looks like it might be the ticket. If they get one here, which I'm sure will take around a year, I might go down and see what it's all about. I wonder though, will the US see the same? Maybe the other versions this time?

Who knows, maybe it will convince me to trade my GD in?

/awaits screaming

I'm suprised i'm saying this, but i actually really like it. Dispite the fact i thought the new Impreza looked like a hyundia when it was launched.

One thing is that the idea of a Hatchback STi is 4x more appealing to me somehow, the sedan shape was ZzzzzZzzz. It really is unique in todays market, and for that i like it.

Forget the performance numbers, i hope like hell its actually good to drive. This comment might sound off-beat, but 2001+ STis weren't really as enjoyable as they should have been, just the general feel was muddied and kind of inconsistent.

Its also nice that the Evo and the STi actually look significantly different for once :)