Here we go again: HR45 "The Firearm Licensing Act of 2009"

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
Here's the important part: It will make it illegal for you to possess guns you currently legally own unless you go jump through their hoops, register yourself and obtain a license. All under the watchful oversight of Eric Holder--another grave danger to gun rights our lobbyists see no need to expend "political capital" on.

This is what the gunhaters mean by "common sense gun control" and "reasonable restrictions." So much for "shall not be infringed."

This is nothing less than a declaration of war on American gun owners.

Source

PDF of Bill

I downloaded the .pdf and ran out of patience trying to screen the bullshit after the first paragraph. We really need to stop letting lawyers become politicians.

Declaring war on gun owners can be a risky political move. I don't believe the Dems fared too well back in the 90s.

So, you need to be registered and have a permit to get a firearm?

What's the biggie?

You really have to ask?

If I say "The United States of America is a nation where you don't even get free health care", would you not argue in the same way?

Thing is, for me, it's not a god given right to buy a tool that can send a projectile through the air at three times the speed of sound, at a rate of 2-3 a second.

I think guns should be controlled as much as possible for people who do not need them in terms of hunting or competition.

So, you need to be registered and have a permit to get a firearm?

What's the biggie?
Ha...yes. To you and I, hoopla over gun licensing and permission seems silly. We've had gun registry laws in Canada for years. The "right to bear arms" is enshrined in the US Constitution, so they go nuts when gun control laws are talked about.

Of course, the constitution used to promote slavery as well, so...

Last edited:
Ha...yes. To you and I, hoopla over gun licensing and permission seems silly. We've had gun registry laws in Canada for years. The "right to bear arms" is enshrined in the US Constitution, so they go nuts when gun control laws are talked about.

Of course, the constitution used to promote slavery as well, so...

Actually, slavery was one of the most debated topics at the constitutional convention and many of the delegates wanted to do without it, which is why it forbade the importation of more slaves after 1808. The founding fathers had to compromise on a lot of things, the way representation was chosen, the way to elect officials, etc. However, on some issues they are very clear. "Shall not be infringed" is pretty damn clear to me.

Is "A well regulated militia"?

Context is good.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Please note the comma after the Militia part, separating the people from the militia.

Ah, but it is for hunting. These guys need something just shy of an Apache attack helicopter. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard the story about the two guys out hunting something really fearsome, like quail, when one of them shouts "Oh shit, he's got a bazooka."

Ah, but it is for hunting. These guys need something just shy of an Apache attack helicopter. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard the story about the two guys out hunting something really fearsome, like quail, when one of them shouts "Oh shit, he's got a bazooka."

Weapons have never been just for hunting.

Just wondering, what country do you live in?

I think a sanity test should be required to purchase a gun or else you end up with some batshit insane, fat man shooting people in the face.

I think a sanity test should be required to purchase a gun or else you end up with some batshit insane, fat man shooting people in the face.

We already have background checks. If you have a felony for example, you can't buy guns. However, criminals don't follow the laws on murder, rape and robbery, so you think they will follow the laws trying to get a gun?