Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

Got a new PIN number from the Bank.
Peel off little tag thingy and hold letter agianst white background to read.

First one last week, no work just a black mess, called Bank and got another one sent.

Second one today, peeled off tab thingy and looked again at letter, still no worky. :?

No understandee, faffed about a bit re-reading the destructions and no deal.

Then looked at little tag thingy and there was the new PIN. (Hadn't discarded this one already.)

Derp.

:lol:

This is from a few years ago, but still qualifies as a pretty good derp moment. I was playing tug of war with a bunch of kids at school. We were using a piece of nylon rope/para cord and I had the brilliant idea of wrapping it around my hand. I have multiple scars from that incident.

boss forgot the phone was in her back pocket as she rode her motorbike to work. Ended up on the road for about 90mins...

I get told what I need to do, I go do it. Someone else comes by and asks to for help. I finish that and proceed to sit at my desk to start another project... It's gotten so bad, today the office lady wrote up a list of what pressing matters need to be done.

I thinking some medicine might need to be prescribed... My boss has noticed too...

boss forgot the phone was in her back pocket as she rode her motorbike to work. Ended up on the road for about 90mins...

I'm surprised there is anything left of that phone...

So are we. But the SIM was intact and functional. Now to see if anything can be recovered.

What... phone was that? o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... it's upside down. *sprains neck* Looks like a Galaxy Nexus. If that's the case, her contacts will be on Google, and when she gets her replacement phone, teach her everything about cloud backup. ;)

Yes, it was a nexus. It is in the hands of the local expert to recover some important texts etc.

There is currently some, albeit small, hope.

At least it wasn't an iPhone.

Otherwise we'd be getting 3 pages of crap from the Apple haters.

This is one of the perils of not having removable storage. You can do as many backups of texts, contacts, etc... on the storage as you want, but if you can't access it when the phone goes bust, it's useless. >_<

This is one of the perils of not having removable storage. You can do as many backups of texts, contacts, etc... on the storage as you want, but if you can't access it when the phone goes bust, it's useless. >_<

Except with Google phones you can remote backup to a cloud server. Even if your phone is physically destroyed or lost you can still get all your stuff back.

Your contacts will sync to your Gmail account, along with email. Appointments will go to google calendar, documents to Drive, video and photos to Picasa. The rest will restore when you get a replacement phone.

Re: Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

The apps will re-download from Play and anything on the SD card should be back. I don't have any apps with stored data, just log-ins.