Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

GRtak

Forum Addict
Today I picked up the TV remote with the intent of handing it off as I was going into the other room, but carried it with me instead...

Sleep is essential.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I just...I can't ever get finishes to look right, on anything I've built.

This week I tried shellac for the first time. I keep hearing how "foolproof" of a finish it is to get attractive results.

Well...I guess I'm a special kind of fool. If it's something that gets wiped on, it gets blotchy/streaky (see example below). If it's a spray, I ALWAYS get a run, no matter how light of a coat I think I'm applying.
20210725_201112.jpg

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
Had one of my infrequent visits to the office today, which meant driving the Tesla and parking in the multi-level car park. Nothing unusual but you need a card to get in, to get out and to get through the entrance when returning. Usually I use the card and then stick it in my back pocket, however this time people let me in so I didn't need it.

Anyway yadda yadda I ended up trying to leave the car park with my AA card, which is also yellow. I didn't realise until I dropped it and had to open the door to pick it up, when I saw the AA logo. Durr I made a tit of myself in public.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Audi Allroad
Yesterday I was reading out a weird news story of Alice Cooper being told by Elvis to shoot him. There was a line that was Alice's internal voice going "just wound him, you'll get maybe 3 years and then you're out."

Except I didn't say "woond" I kept saying "wow-nd." I knew it sounded weird but couldn't figure out why until one of my family members corrected me. I flat out forget that the word "wound" is spelled the same way depending on if you're being driven mad or have a bleeding cut on your arm.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I drilled a hole in the ceiling to install a hook.
I grabbed the drill bit and burned the palm of my hand.
Pretty stupid move.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I drilled a hole in the ceiling to install a hook.
I grabbed the drill bit and burned the palm of my hand.
Pretty stupid move.
I feel ya. I do this all the time. I did the same thing Saturday with my drill press. It was a 3/4" forstner bit, and let it drop from the chuck into my hand, so it wasn't like I pinched it and could let go. And it was like a $20 bit, so I didn't want to just drop it. It was like a hot potato. but stabby.

As a kid, I was watching my dad weld something. He blew a hole in the metal he was welding, so he let the welding rod stick to it, and chucked the piece out the shop door into the driveway. It landed with the welding rod sticking straight up. Stupid me walked right over to it, and put my hand on the top of the previously-nearly-melted welding rod. i was probably 6-7, and it probably took until I was about 20 before that shiny scar spot on my palm went away.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Ouch.