Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

A9E6BA3E-7594-4A2A-AC64-C8B2375BF71D.jpeg

Yeah… I couldn’t find any instructions for the exact components on my bike and watched a tutorial for a similar kind. The rest is up to your imagination and involves the following words: caliper, screwdriver, hydraulic oil, floor.

I downloaded the Facebook app because I wanted notifications for the two FB groups that are relevant to me.

The next morning, I engaged in a discussion with railbashers, people who act like rail travel is many times worse than any other way to travel.

When will I learn? :idiot:

Me: going to the shops after 92 km of cycling, purchasing a frozen Pizza for putting it in the oven right away when I arrive, getting home, unpacking everything including the Pizza (yes, I even freed it from it's plastic bag), heating the oven, starting the timer on the smartphone.

12 Minutes later: "ding ding ding, your Pizza should be ready"

Anybody see something missing?

Me: walking into the kitchen just to discover I left the Pizza on the countertop... :idiot: :censored:

Last night, I put some almost-done chicken under the broiler., and set a timer for 2 minutes*.

Fun fact: my microwave's timer function is set in seconds while my oven's is set in minutes. So to enter two minutes in the microwave, you would enter "2-0-0-Timer", but if you were to, say, enter that same string into the oven, you would in fact be setting a timer for that 550°F broiler, 4" away from the food, for 2 hours.

After putting the chicken in,, setting the timer,, and forgetting about it, at about minute four, we started hearing crazy loud popping and sizzling from the boiling chicken skin, which was basically also on fire.

After putting the chicken in,, setting the timer,, and forgetting about it, at about minute four, we started hearing crazy loud popping and sizzling from the boiling chicken skin, which was basically also on fire.
When I was 7 or 8 at school, the teacher decided to put a potato in the microwave while presumably explaining how the machine works. I wasn't paying attention because after a couple of minute the potato was on fire behind her, with her having no idea. Nobody said anything and we all just sat there trying not to laugh. This was in a wooden mobile classroom, thankfully (or maybe sadly) the whole crappy structure didn't burn down.

In the last months I came to term that my PC sound system (Teufel Concept E Magnum Power Edition) didn't have bass anymore. Today I changed some components in my PC so I had to unplug everything beforehand. After I reconnected all the cables the bass is back - it turns out I just plugged the bass (and center) channel into the wrong outlet of the soundcard the last time I had the cables unplugged... :wall:

In the last months I came to term that my PC sound system (Teufel Concept E Magnum Power Edition) didn't have bass anymore. Today I changed some components in my PC so I had to unplug everything beforehand. After I reconnected all the cables the bass is back - it turns out I just plugged the bass (and center) channel into the wrong outlet of the soundcard the last time I had the cables unplugged... :wall:

It is an easy thing to do. I have always hated the way multi channel soundcards and motherboards are labeled, or not labeled.

My son got a bicycle for Christmas.
I got a rack for it.
I drilled the wall facing the neighbour's apartment.
Turns out it used to be an access port for some pipes and it's actually a very thin sheet of wood and now there's an 8mm hole between the two apartments.

Friend asked me to water her plants during summer.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I went to her house to do so.
One of those Fridays I used the bathroom before I left. The next Monday, I notice the valve was stuck open and it has been running water for 3 days. 🤦‍♂️
Yesterday she got a bill for €700, usually it's €25 🤡

Yesterday she got a bill for €700, usually it's €25 🤡

Oof, that's a lot of water. Well, her pipes are nicely flushed now, I guess? we had the canal cleaners in our place yesterday to blast out 40 years of literal crap and other stuff. that'll also run us in the ballpark of 400€ :| at least nothing was/is broken. they told us to basically leave the water running in multiple places (i. e. different pipes) for an hour twice every year or so.

He's getting practice in for when he becomes a wet bandit. Making a water valve stick open is probably the perfect crime, not that I've thought about it. We aren't on metered water here anyway.

I try not to waste too much water but we all maybe flush when we don't need to or run water a bit longer than necessary, let alone using a power washer to do anything, but my theory is that I'm helping to dilute the black/grey water that goes into the system and therefore helping the processing plant to cope with it. The suggestion to just run water to clear the pipes seems to back up my claim on that one, not sure how far it goes though...