Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

Trying to start my moms Chevy Suburban with my dads GMC Jimmy key.

You know these things?

P4060041.JPG

I knocked one over backing up the worktruck......when you hear a rather distinctive crashing sound combined with the whole place going dark and sparks flying in the rearview mirror you know it isen't going to be a good day....

In my defence, if they would have bothered to turn the damn thing on I would have know it was there :p

Last edited:
My Dad was in a similar situation returning a grill, except it was $300. Yeah, he didn't return to clarify it.

Dayumn. Wait... so he was returning a grill, and got back his $300 and the grill? SWEET.

After a day at work if I need to make a call in the evening I often find myself dialling 9 for an outside line......

:facepalm:

Iont get it.

Today on the phone, I managed to blend "thanks for that" and "bye for now", so I said to the person on the other end "bye for that" and promptly hung up. Only about a minute later, I realised what I said. Herpity durr etc.

Oh I love those moments. I've mixed "Take care" and "Thanks" to make "Thanks care" before. Dureheheheh duyyy

So I screwed up my life.

Am I winning this thread?

Wha happened du?

I may have accidentally made my sister breathe a bit more chloride than what the doctors recommend.

I haven't left her bedside.

You know these things?

P4060041.JPG

I knocked one over backing up the worktruck......when you hear a rather distinctive crashing sound combined with the whole place going dark and sparks flying in the rearview mirror you know it isen't going to be a good day....

In my defence, if they would have bothered to turn the damn thing on I would have know it was there :p

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

Video would be better. :mrgreen:

Dayumn. Wait... so he was returning a grill, and got back his $300 and the grill? SWEET.

Iont get it.

Oh I love those moments. I've mixed "Take care" and "Thanks" to make "Thanks care" before. Dureheheheh duyyy

Wha happened du?
He got back the money for the grill + $300. Here he was with $600 and a grin on his face that's hard to describe. He took that to mean he should get a Weber instead of the bigger Charbroil.

I may have accidentally made my sister breathe a bit more chloride than what the doctors recommend.

I haven't left her bedside.

o_O :(

If I understand you correctly, what happened?

o_O :(

If I understand you correctly, what happened?

I'll try to explain this best as I can:

The bathroom that's in our room was in a state of disrepair and hasn't been used in a while, since I'm on holiday and there's no better rest than a change of work. I've taken to cleaning it little by little.I'm almost done actually.

yesterday late at night I was disinfecting everything with Trichloroisocyanuric acid,first time using the thing. Of course, as with Anything with cyanuric in the name precautions were taken. All windows and doors open and an immobilized dog. So I open the thing and throw the equivalent of a teaspoon in a bucket of water. At that moment I realize I can't bear the Chlorine smell anymore. and then I realize ?Oh crap my sister is asleep a couple of meters away?. So I run to switch the Rooms' fan on and point it towards the open door. and left the room while the smell went away.

I don't know that much about the human body but I know inhaling that much of the stuff can't be good. I alerted the parents and they told me not to sweat it. Sweating it, I set the alarm clock to wake me up about 10 minutes before she leaves for school.

Sure enough. Nausea, dizzyness, raised blood pressure, vomitng(Thankfully bloodless) and overall unpleasantness.

I think that puts me in the run for worst brother of the year and I can't say I'm all that excited about it

Well, it seems like I've broken everything I touch in the last couple of weeks.

Since the beginning of August, I have broken, or have been party to breaking:

-My BBQ
-My cell phone
-My computer
-My car (twice)
-My watch
-A goddamned Bombardier Dash 8

I think its time to take a holiday, preferably somewhere far away from anything fragile.

Most of my derp moments consist of tripping over, slipping or bumping into things. Walking straight into a Medicare office automatic door which didn't open for because short little me clearly didn't break the sensor beam or something certainly counts. I slow my pace whenever approaching automatic doors of any kind now. Lucky for me my chest hit the doors before my nose...still very embarrassing however, but at least I didn't break anything.

I also have a habit of stumbling all over my words when I go to talk to people, if I haven't uttered a word for about 15-20 minutes. This most often happens while browsing around in shops. I suddenly forget how to talk when someone asks if I need assistance or I go to ask where I can find X after I've been silently looking at things for a while. It's like my mouth has to warm up or something and I come out with a mumble only remotely resembling what I was trying to say / ask. People who know me well enough have decided this is part of the reason why sometimes I just don't know when to shut up and stop yakking. :lol:

Last edited:

Don't beat yourself up about it. Any of us could make a mistake like that, and the fact that you care so much about it and for your sister shows that you're a fantastic brother. :)

For example, this afternoon I tried to unlock my apartment door using the unlock button on the remote for my car. A HURPADERPIDURPA DEEYYYYYY.

At first I thought it would be good to have them both controlled by the same remote but imagine this situation:

Get out of car, lock car.
Go to door. Locked. unlock.
Shit, car's unlocked. Lock car.
Shit the door's locked.

Repeat...

Oh and lead paint. :p

After a day at work if I need to make a call in the evening I often find myself dialling 9 for an outside line......

:facepalm:

I'm the other way around, I very rarely dial out so only realise I haven't dialled 9 when the phone starts buzzing at me. :lol:

Iont get it.

Most phone systems (here at least) require you to dial 9 to get an outside line, if you don't you're (supposed to be) dialling internal numbers only. :)

My Dad was in a similar situation returning a grill, except it was $300. Yeah, he didn't return to clarify it.

Good man.

I was so distracted today I brought my work bleep (pager) home with me instead of my mobile phone. They're not even the same size/shape or weight FFS! So back I cycled into work - only to get caught in a torrential downpour. So I'm now cold, wet and knackered. Need wine! Although I did manage to avoid getting knocked off my bike today, so it's not all bad!

Most of my posts? =P

I have a bad habit of wanting to put the cereal box in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard. I generally catch it when I notice that the cereal box won't fit in the fridge or there aren't refrigerated items in the cupboard. One of my friends actually did this and didn't realize it until his sister told him he did that and that the milk had to be thrown away.