Herpaderp and general screw-ups thread

I've got two computers at my work desk.

I got my foot tied up, inadvertently, in the wiring of the second computer's keyboard.

I got up to walk to a meeting.

I took the keyboard with me, while getting up, and it dropped, headlong, on my toe... hard.

I'm wearing Sandals.

It hurts like HELL!

You are wearing sandals?

In December?

In Canada?

:unsure:

I just had the weirdest derp-attack. I completely forgot how to tie my shoes.

"Okay, wrap one lace around the other, make a loop, and... uh... you make another... no, that's not it. I know how to do this, why can't I remember?!"

Then, as I was walking upstairs to post this, having relearned shoe tying, I discovered I had never tied the other shoe.

What happen brain?

/I command the spirits of this forgotten thread to RETURN!

Go to shopping centre.
Park in multistory car park.
Do shopping.
Lose car.
Find car, making note of having ticket.
Drive to gate, insert ticket.
Says ticket invalid.
Realise you forgot to pay for parking, force 4 cars to reverse causing mini traffic jam so you can go back and pay.

6:30am - wake up. Bathroom, coffe etc.
7:05am - get in the Jeep and drive to work.
7:30am - Got to work a bit early. (we start at 8:00). Noone in the office.
8:05am - Still noone in the office.
8:06am - realize it's Sunday

Well, I just LITERALLY stood in front of the microwave waiting for my cup of milk to heat, without turning on the microwave. Or putting the cup in.

Apparently I left the KLR's ignition on last night. I have it on the charger in the hopes that I haven't completely killed the battery.
On the upside I rode the VFR to work, it was nice to be back on a bike that isn't topped out at 75 mph.

Driving on a job, following one of my workmates in another bus. He says he won't leave me behind, because I'm not sure I can find the correct exit off the freeway into the city.
This goes well, right up until one set of traffic lights before the turn we required. He gets through, I get stuck.:mad:

When the lights change again, he's nowhere in sight, but I know I'm meant to take a little side street off to the left. I see a side street, but it looks oddly like an access road to a bunch of buildings in the city, and not big enough to get the bus down. So I keep going, looking for the one I need. It's the last exit before traffic heads up a ramp and on to the Harbour Bridge.:cool:

As I start to ascend the ramp, I realise that that WAS the correct exit, and I'm now completely fucked. There is no way off until I'm over the bridge and on the other side of the city, and once I get there, I have NO IDEA how to get around to get back on to the bridge, and come back to where I need to be.:blink::driving:
I have a full load of school kids, some of whom start to mention "I think we're lost?". Teacher is playing on her iphone, and completely oblivious to anything.
Looks out, over the Harbour Bridge, says nothing.
Sees Luna Park as we drive past looking to turn around, says nothing.
Looks out as we cross the Harbour Bridge again in the opposite direction. STILL says nothing.

Eventually - 25 minutes late, I arrive on the opposite side of the road and 2 blocks down from where I was supposed to be (saw a group of kids in the same uniform, so we both assumed that they were the other bus load, but it was a different school entirely), so I drop them off and go to find the other driver, who gives me a hard time about getting lost.:idiot:

None of the teachers mentioned it until the next day. I had to make the same trip with a different grade, and the lady on my bus said "I bet you won't get lost today!"

I shall never again underestimate my ability to cock things up. :wall:

Driving on a job, following one of my workmates in another bus. He says he won't leave me behind, because I'm not sure I can find the correct exit off the freeway into the city.
This goes well, right up until one set of traffic lights before the turn we required. He gets through, I get stuck.:mad:

When the lights change again, he's nowhere in sight, but I know I'm meant to take a little side street off to the left. I see a side street, but it looks oddly like an access road to a bunch of buildings in the city, and not big enough to get the bus down. So I keep going, looking for the one I need. It's the last exit before traffic heads up a ramp and on to the Harbour Bridge.:cool:

As I start to ascend the ramp, I realise that that WAS the correct exit, and I'm now completely fucked. There is no way off until I'm over the bridge and on the other side of the city, and once I get there, I have NO IDEA how to get around to get back on to the bridge, and come back to where I need to be.:blink::driving:
I have a full load of school kids, some of whom start to mention "I think we're lost?". Teacher is playing on her iphone, and completely oblivious to anything.
Looks out, over the Harbour Bridge, says nothing.
Sees Luna Park as we drive past looking to turn around, says nothing.
Looks out as we cross the Harbour Bridge again in the opposite direction. STILL says nothing.

Eventually - 25 minutes late, I arrive on the opposite side of the road and 2 blocks down from where I was supposed to be (saw a group of kids in the same uniform, so we both assumed that they were the other bus load, but it was a different school entirely), so I drop them off and go to find the other driver, who gives me a hard time about getting lost.:idiot:

None of the teachers mentioned it until the next day. I had to make the same trip with a different grade, and the lady on my bus said "I bet you won't get lost today!"

I shall never again underestimate my ability to cock things up. :wall:

Just have fun with it, drop random groups of kids off at random schools and watch the carnage unfold :p

Why don't you have a GPS in that bus?

Just have fun with it, drop random groups of kids off at random schools and watch the carnage unfold :p

That's happened too. The teachers at sports venues haven't asked where the bus is going, assumed it was their's, and the driver didn't double check it was the right school. So when the teachers realised something was amiss, it was already too late.
One of our guys told the teacher that he was going to be waiting right there, in the same spot, in the same bus for them. Our buses are mostly white, with purple and aqua stripes.
This teacher walked straight past our bus an hour later, and got on a yellow one. It was going into the city, in totally the opposite direction to their school, and it was only when she abused the bus driver for "getting lost", that they worked out she had got on the wrong bus.

Why don't you have a GPS in that bus?

Because they don't usually have a feature that will tell you which streets are unsuitable for trucks and buses due to low trees, narrow width, bridges, road furniture and calming devices. Some streets here also have load limits of 3, 5 or 8 tonnes. We are not allowed to use them unless our pick up or destination is in that street.

I have the "Truckies" edition of the street directory. All those roads are marked in pink or orange, and it gives bridge heights, so I know which bridges I can get under or not.

I also prefer the directory, as you get an overview of how places connect to each other. The more you drive around, and use the directory to fill in the bits you're not sure of, you can put together a mental map.

I have a friend who has no sense of direction (and is also a terrible driver), who relies on the Tom Tom all the time. 12 years after getting her licence, she still has no sense of direction, and cannot find her way back from my workplace to home, even though if she was one street over, she could.
She can't get her head around the fact that they're parallel streets, and meet up at an intersection she goes through every day.

Last edited:
6:30am - wake up. Bathroom, coffe etc.
7:05am - get in the Jeep and drive to work.
7:30am - Got to work a bit early. (we start at 8:00). Noone in the office.
8:05am - Still noone in the office.
8:06am - realize it's Sunday

I have done that! For me, when I would get there and the whole car park is empty except for the DEA guys..I'd try to slink quietly away. Never worked.

Hopefully nothing is permanently damaged :eek:

Went to hang the vacuum cleaner on its hook in the back hallway after I'd finished using it. Reached up with it and let go, but I'd missed the hook entirely and narrowly missed dropping the surprisingly heavy unit straight into my face. It did catch my shoulder on the way down instead, might have a bruise tomorrow.