Hey guys! Prepare for more corn in your gas tank!

Because Fuck the Corn Lobby, that's why!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/22/...autoblog+(Autoblog)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Report: House votes 'overwhelmingly' to block E15 fuel

According to The Detroit News, the U.S. House of Representatives has voted to block the Environmental Protection Agency from moving toward a higher blend of ethanol in America's gasoline. Representatives voted 286-135 against allowing the EPA to issue a waiver that would allow gas stations to sell E15. Currently, fueling stations are only allowed to sell E10, which contains up to 10 percent of the biofuel. The new legislation would allow a 50-percent increase in the amount of ethanol sold in each gallon of gasoline. Representative John Sullivan (R-Oklahoma) attached an amendment to the bill to provide funding for the U.S. government through September, effectively killing the legislation.

While The Renewable Fuels Association criticized the decision to stop the E15 waiver, several groups were thoroughly against the increase in ethanol. Those include everyone from the Specialty Equipment Market Association to the American Bakers Association.

The EPA has already approved E15 for vehicles made after 2001, but some groups worry that a higher blend across the board could wind up corroding older engines. Meanwhile, proponents of the increase claim that larger ethanol quantities will help lower America's dependence on foreign oil.

Yeah, lower our dependence on oil by a tiny fraction while linking our food prices to the international oil market. That's why I've seen some food items go up in price by as much as 30% just in the past six weeks.

Because Fuck the Corn Lobby, that's why!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/22/...autoblog+(Autoblog)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Yeah, lower our dependence on oil by a tiny fraction while linking our food prices to the international oil market. That's why I've seen some food items go up in price by as much as 30% just in the past six weeks.

I heard recently that food and gas prices are not included when they measure inflation. Apparently gas has gone up 30% and food up 29%. :|
Minimum wadge was something like 7 or 9% up.... Really helpful when food went up 3x that.

That is true, Kat. They measure "core inflation" which excludes food and fuel.

Thank the good lord this was voted down. Its getting harder and harder to get my toys to run right, and I've lost 3mpg in my caddy with E10 as it is. There's only one place around here thats 100% gas, its a texaco, and the stuff doesn't smell like gas, its smells like CAM2! However, since my food store has teamed up with Sunoco ($50 in groceries gets you $0.10 per gallon, it pays to be fat :) ) I've been running ULTRA 93 (whatever happened to 94?) with an NOS octane booster.