Hi :)

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Hey guys/gals. Watching the show for a while now just never went to the forums. I live in Canada but born European (woohoo). I just bought the magazine to see what it's about. Kinda hurts at $13 CDN but I think it is worth it.

I drive the rattle of all rattles...lol...a 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL Coupe 5-speed. The one in my avatar. Eventually I want to get a late model Camaro SS or the new 07 RWD Coupe that may or may not come out. Unfortunately I can't afford an Aston Martin DB9...lol.

That's just a little about myself and my love for cars. :)

Welcome! :)

thanks guys/gals. Yeah yeah yeah, another Ontarian...lol

Welcome! :D

G :mrgreen: 8)

My friend had a 1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 and the engine died on him at 180000km.

Welcome to the forums, btw.

Phix said:
My friend had a 1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 and the engine died on him at 180000km.

Welcome to the forums, btw.

LOL, don't say that. I already have an external coolant leak from the head gasket but no coolant in the oil. Never say that again...and thank you for the welcome.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Well I guess that's why I'm looking at buying an E36, E30, or E46 BMW. No major problems with the 90s BMWs. Unless some of you may want to shine some light on that :).

Daniel said:
My friend had a Mercedes 230TE that had done 510 000km! Now thats a lot!

One of the guys I work with has a mid-90's Toyota Camry with 720,000km. And I've heard of several instances where Camry's have hit the 1,000,000km mark.

SiR_dude. That's amazing. It just tells you what maintenance can do for a car. :)

^ I bought Japanese for a reason... :lol:

I was talking to a guy who works in a factory that makes car parts. He said that of all the companies they deal with, GM is the worst when it comes to quality control. He said that they had a contract with Hyundai, but Hyundai pulled out of it because they weren't meeting Hyundai's quality specifications. He said in general, the Japanese are leagues ahead of North American cars.

Daniel said:
Mischief007 said:
SiR_dude. That's amazing. It just tells you what maintenance can do for a car. :)

Its amazing how fast some american cars tend to brake down aswell. :D

Ahh but that is so true...:) This is why my next vehicle is going to be a BMW E36 3-series.

Phix said:
Wow. From a '91 Cavalier to a BMW 3-Series. A HUUUUUUUUUUGE leap. :)

I know. Can't wait...lol. :D:D