High fives lead to death

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
DONOR
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
Virginia's overcrowded Kilmer Middle School adopted a zero-tolerance policy toward touching: No poking. No prodding. No hugging. A 13-year-old boy almost got detention for putting his arm around his girlfriend. His parents want the school board to review the rule. You get into shades of grey, Kilmer Principal Deborah Hernandez said. The kids say, 'If he can high-five, then I can do this.' You have two kids high fiving then their friends joining in you have elbows flying, legs flying, then someone gets hurt.

Oh yes send this message to kids, human contact is wrong watch this blow up in their pants.

I'd love to have a very serious chat with that stupid principal.

I don't care, that rule is the stupidest piece of crap I've seen in ages.

For christ sake..

Edit: Found a source.

Last edited:
This is how it is in most schools nowadays, hands-off policy, you're not allowed to do anything, not even fight back.

How are kids supposed to get character without a little pain, suffering, and interaction?

Damn, they'll probably adopt a high five like in Demolition Man in response.

You don't need to touch someone to shoot them though!

I see a flame war.

*Puts on flame retardent suit and makes pop corn*

For.
Fuck's
Sake!

Seriously, what the fuck? For once I have no prose, no rant, no eloquent soliloquy about the bleakness of culture.

Just, "What the fuck!?"

Blind, it pleases me that we for once agree. I suggest I come over, then you pick me up in NY in your Civic, we drive to Kilmer Middle School, and we laugh of that principal.

I'd love that.

i wonder if the prinicipal was involved in a high fiving incident when shes was a young girl , only way to explain the supidity of this

And after laughing, you high-five.
That gives me an idea. I could be a journalist from Norway, making a film about America. And I could dress in an old bureaucrat's suit, maybe speak with a heavy accent and say things like "HIIIGH FIIIVE", "King in the castle, king in the castle" and so on. That could be fun.

i wonder if the prinicipal was involved in a high fiving incident when shes was a young girl , only way to explain the supidity of this
Sounds like the principal in my primary school. He banned snow ball wars after he got a lazy eye from a snow ball.

:)

Coming from a ridiculously overcrowded school i don't know how they could enforce the rules since going to class involved getting through really huge masses of people all up ons each other since there wasn't enough room to walk (think in front of the stage at a concert)

The only people this rule will de facto apply to, is those who hold hands and give each other hugs. Surtainly acts of violence.

Ahh, he must have been the target of the cruel "high five, down low, too slow" prank played upon him as a child. Those traumatic memories never die.

:comfort:

How are kids supposed to get character without a little pain, suffering, and interaction?

a-men!

there is a huge difference between making the school a safe place and this retarded crap. this is one of those rare occasions when i agree with Blind_Io. What The Fuck!

wait wait wait.... am I really seeing a thread where EVERYONE agrees???

That in itself calls for another WHAT THE FUCK?!

Haha, no Flame War here, EVERYBODY thinks this has to be a joke...

hahah we are the litmus test. If everyone on here agrees it's a bad idea it must be a bad idea. we could hire ourselves out as consultants