High pitched whining - Seat Leon

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
I have a high pitch whining that appears to be coming from the rear left wheel on my Leon. It is only really audible from 25-40mph and obviously more so when driving close to a wall or with the window open. The noise isn't noticeably affected by turning but disappears when braking or the hand brake is applied, reappearing a couple of seconds later.
I assumed it was the wheel bearing so I replaced that. With the new wheel bearing it was initially a lot better (although still present) but it has quickly returned to the existing level of noise.
The brake pads and disks seemed to be in reasonable condition from a quick look.
Any ideas?

I've had similar issues with the Jazz coming from the around the front passenger seat area. Strangely it only seems to be noticeable when my wife is in the car.

Aside from spousal whining, this could be a disc runout problem.

Defiantly have a better look or find someone that can. A coworker bought a 90s jimmy with supposedly good brakes but the car makes a very noticeable high pitched whine. especially since the noise goes away when you apply brakes.