Hill Flying: finally, a good use for San Francisco

I remember attempting something similar in a Dodge Shadow, we even caught air. If a Dodge Shadow can do it...

vlcsnap-8546929.png

'Gay Cruising The Castro Tour,' 'Castro: Tales of the Village,' 'Come Out to the Castro: San Francisco's Gay Village from Top to Bottom,' or the 'Eccentrics of San Francisco's Barbary Coast' events....

:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SF also has another use involving hills...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFGVzt7c5bY[/YOUTUBE]

Nice fez!

Yes, I've watched the Mythbusters episode and know it's fake, no need to tell me. :)

Why would you need to see mythbusters to know it's fake? I need to see that episode though.

I have lived in the city my whole life, and while I do love taking those hills at some good speed, I would never think about trying to catch some air. Its just a sure fire way to f'up your car, plus way too many things to hit.

That being said, i bet its damn fun!

Car events are generally discouraged. Now if it was for jumping Prius or electric cars, it might work. Does it make sense.. no, but its how things are.

"Hill jumping of your own hybric or electric car Western United States championship" Doesn't that just pulse of some serious awesome? :cool:

A few groups got together to rent out a runway at an abandoned naval bases in the Bay Area for an autocross. It was turned down, partially due to the environmental impact of the cars idling and going over fast for 45 seconds. Its nuts, man.

That reminds me of the constant bickering we get here in rhino-land from the people living next to airports about the horrible sound of the airplanes. Cry me a river seriously, it's not like they couldn't live anywhere else.

It actually sounds awesome to do this. But yeah, at a closed event would be best. It's something the gov'ts around the world never seem to get their minds around. Same goes for track days in many countries. Just use tax money to rent a track for a week, and let all the ricers go there for free. Same with this, shutting it off for the day can't be that bad...

It actually sounds awesome to do this. But yeah, at a closed event would be best. It's something the gov'ts around the world never seem to get their minds around. Same goes for track days in many countries. Just use tax money to rent a track for a week, and let all the ricers go there for free. Same with this, shutting it off for the day can't be that bad...

Exactly. I'm not seriously condoning street racing or these sort of stupid stunts on public roads. But like many others, us in rhino-land also have only have a few mentionable tracks, which aren't generally available for public use. I'm frankly not surprised that kids take their speeding to the public roads.

I try to take my speeding out of the populated areas (insert whatever hypocritical mumbojumbo) .. but I'd also rather drive on a track.

This is rather offtopic though, speeding is one thing, making a hill jump through a STOP-signed intercrossing downtown is just idiotic.

Last edited: