HMS Wiener

How long do you think you can make your HMS float? :/ I could imagine that driving a 20 year old bimmer in Norway really is a PITA in terms of rust ...

at least until its next "MOT" in the end of 2015. then will see how bad it is. I am atleast gonna try to keep it on the road as long as i can, on my midget budget, and enjoy it as long as i can. :p Mechanically its in "mint" condition, im not just letting it fall apart.

Any updates on the HMS? :D

Was bored of nothing having anything to do to the car so i installed a huge cone filter and made my own air box from scratch. and my god! the sound is godlike! when full throttle through the revs it really sounds deep and throaty! regret not doing this earlier!

also did some minor rust removal & prevention.
UPzYqVm.jpg

JHNLU7i.jpg

GPGyQ7Y.jpg

Last edited:
...do you have a video of this by chance? :D

Last edited:
tried to get a video just for you ;)

Thank you! And yes, the effect does come through in the video. Nice, very nice.
Also, good job on the photography with this lovely background. And I always like it how one glass is more yellowish than the other. :D

I was expecting early 90s f1 style sparks in the video :)

haha, oh cmon. the car is at least 3cm higher in the front this season ;) dont scrape anywhere under normal driving as long as the road at least somewhat flat and the exception of the odd speed bumps

Last edited:
It would be scary as fuck driving a car as low as that on normal roads.

Its aliive. Just bought new winter tyres Pirelli ice zero FR. The rust is really starting to take its toll but its technically sound, i been just doing normal maintenance for the last couple of years and sold the coilovers, and returned the car too its stock glory where it will stay until its death at the end of next year. best car ive ever owned, never let me down! Im moving into the city now where it will see much less use and be street parked :(

Odo: 289000kms, done about 100k kms since i bought it 6'ish years ago and seen its share of abuse, and taken it, as evident throughout this thread.:lol:

jS6pzpk.jpg

Grhynbx.jpg

0LTgkCO.jpg

q5U2zRq.jpg

jO1l4sC.jpg

WCH92ns.jpg

Last edited:
You are alive! How's ACRL going?

Is there anyway you can save her? :(

You are alive! How's ACRL going?

Is there anyway you can save her? :(

ACRL didnt last long, always having issues disconnecting from AC servers :S.

Ofc she can be saved! with time and money. But its time to move on :p i will have no place to treat it as a hobby and work on it in close vicinity when i move in to the city and its just getting too eaten by the salt. Im scrapping it before the next "MOT" at the end of next year. I was gonna replace it with a gt86/brz but now that im in the city i could never live with myself with a brz parked on the street and barely getting used. Most likely gonna replace it with a 1-series e87 when the time comes.. Has all the important bits (manual&rwd), and fits a little better in the city.

Last edited:
I see you have the Active Lifestyle? bike rack on it.

Do you bike, or do you just drive around with it on to show everyone how Active? your lifestyle is? :p

I see you have the Active Lifestyle? bike rack on it.

Do you bike, or do you just drive around with it on to show everyone how Active? your lifestyle is? :p

I started mtbiking last year and done a couple of xc races this year, not going all out le tour but keeping the active lifestyle? dream alive. Its also become like the second money pit. and of course, e34 support vehicle!
ks9mQnh.jpg

dwKRNVO.jpg

Last edited:
I would be totally heartbroken to scrap any car that I had an attachment to (let alone a 6 year ownership)

In fact I was, when my parents scrapped a Volvo that they had for maybe 5 years. Felt terrible to drive it to the scrappers and leave it there. Fuck everything about that feeling. Never again