Hockey 2009-10

Thank god !! One of the most obnoxious players I have ever seen. And no, it isn't just because he is Swedish or that he might have scored a couple of goals against Finland at some point. I just can't stand the man and his attitude. He always come across very smug and stuck up in interviews....as if he loathes the person asking the questions; they are not worthy of interviewing the great Sundin....dumbass. I say good riddance. And I have never liked him as a player either.

Forsberg on the other hand is a very entertaining guy to watch on the ice. When he sets up his "office" behind the goal, there is just no point in going after the puck....he will make everyone look foolish. Though he isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the box....he comes off a bit...slow (well hockey players rarely are rocket surgeons anyway) and he is also a bit like Jari Litmanen or Mikael Forssell: constantly injured, never bothers to properly get back in shape and cure his injuries. He has tried a permanent comeback a few times now and every time he gets injured again, because he never was fully fit in the first place.

In other news NHL have gotten their asses handed to them....Losing to Tappara in Finland and Zurich Lions in Switzerland. Naturally it is questionable how much interest they had playing in the first place, but it isn't very good PR...whatever the reason, I would expect tha professional in NHL to be...well, exactly that: professionals and that means playing to win every time, giving your best effort. Of course you can't always feel like going balls out, but if they are supposed to be the best players on the planet, I would expect them to beat European teams even when having an off-day.

^Mats Sundin spent an hour with my cousins hockey team, just because he was driving by and saw that there were kids practicing. How many "superstars" would do something like that?

Bruins fan checking in. I look forward to finding out exactly how they will break my heart this year.

Detroit vs St Louis from Stockholm! Here's hoping for a good game!

As a Red Wings fan I am highly disappointed in Ken Holland. He signed a guy that IMHO should not be back in the league. And this is the second time he has been with the team. His name is Todd Bertuzzi and he is the reason I am not watching or attending any games this year. Until he is gone from the Wings I am done.

As a Red Wings fan I am highly disappointed in Ken Holland. He signed a guy that IMHO should not be back in the league. And this is the second time he has been with the team. His name is Todd Bertuzzi and he is the reason I am not watching or attending any games this year. Until he is gone from the Wings I am done.

I, for one, appreciate this belief. Todd Bertuzzi has no business playing in any level of hockey, let alone in the NHL. His act on Steve Moore was probably the stupidest, most vile thing I've seen done by one player to another in hockey ever. The fact that he ended Moore's career should mean that Bertuzzi's career should be over.

It used to be that I respected the Red Wings. I'm in no way a Wings fan, but I did respect them. As long as Bertuzzi is on the team, I have no respect for them at all.

On a side note, I am going to the Red Wings-Coyotes game on Oct. 22. Maybe I should bring something to express my displeasure with him. You have any ideas?

Everybody gets upset about what Todd Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore, and I agree rightfully so even as a Canucks fan...but does anyone even remember that Steve Moore checked Markus Naslund in the head causing all this or do you all believe Bertuzzi just randomly sucker-punched Moore in the back of the head just for the fun of it?

Markus Naslund was the league scoring leader at the time of the hit, a feat he never achieved again afterwards as his production dropped off the cliff...do anyone seem to recall this fact when defending Moore and vilifying Bertuzzi?

Everybody gets upset about what Todd Bertuzzi did to Steve Moore, and I agree rightfully so even as a Canucks fan...but does anyone even remember that Steve Moore checked Markus Naslund in the head causing all this or do you all believe Bertuzzi just randomly sucker-punched Moore in the back of the head just for the fun of it?

Markus Naslund was the league scoring leader at the time of the hit, a feat he never achieved again afterwards as his production dropped off the cliff...do anyone seem to recall this fact when defending Moore and vilifying Bertuzzi?

That does get lost in everything, unfortunately. And it shouldn't because what Moore did is inexcusable.

But there were 1,000 better ways of getting revenge. Hell, check him knee-on-knee. That or elbowing Moore in the head would've been more acceptable.

Basically, Naslund is played games after that night. Moore didn't. That's why Bertuzzi's act more reviled than the event that caused it.

So that makes it all alright, does it?

Whatever Moore did doesn't "deserve" having his career ended.

Phoenix Coyotes 6-3 LA Kings.

Loved the energy and speed from the Coyotes. PK still needs a little work, but that will come together. True test comes Wednesday though. We're visiting Pittsburgh.

Managed to catch some of my local market game (The Lighting). Didn't watch that much. Felt it merited a bump, though.

As a Senators fan, I am hoping they can make the playoff's this year but eh, I don't have high hopes haha

I was at the Coyotes home opener last night. Great crowd, very energetic. Unfortunately, home opener + massive marketing gimmick (the Whiteout)= a team trying to do too much. They played very good, but it was a loss to Columbus 2-0 (Rick Nash in the 1st, a empty net goal with 0:20 left in the 3rd).

But I'll be back there on the 22nd for Detroit's 1st visit of the year.

yey! After a rubbish start on the season Bryn?s has managed to claw their way up to forth place!! Unfortunately their best defender was injured in the last game and is out for four weeks.. Now 3 of their starting defenders are out due to injury...

Just got back from the Coyotes 3-2 Overtime win against the Red Wings. The game winner was a shot that Chris Osgood should get 98 percent of the time. I was amazed that it got past him. But I'm not complaining!

Coyotes: 6-2-0 for 12 points and 1st place in the Pacific Division! And we've beaten both Stanley Cup finalists from last season!