Holy Crap! I can't believe it... I GOT THE CAR!

EDIT: I withdraw what I said. Have you guys forgotten the "Previous Page" button?

Yeah that's not my car. That's why I wrote write above it... "This isn't my car, but similar to the one I'm getting" just so I didn't get accused as a MoparMan.

I know I know, Double posting FTL, but since everyone's begging for pics, here goes.

I finally got some great pics after her detail. All the other pics I had were tiny and grainy, but these are fantastic. I opened my email tonight and my jaw dropped and I just whispered "That's my baby...."

http://img364.imageshack.**/img364/7169/2005s60rleftva3.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/2048/2005s60rrightpx9.jpg

The weirdest bit about it is that I have looked at THOUSANDS of pictures of S60Rs, but now this one's mine. Tomorrow at 10.00a is pick up, so I'm going out cause I can't sit home, I'll never get to bed - I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.

/Oh and everyone at work thought I was retarded for wanted to sleep in the driver's seat tomorrow night.
//They just don't understand Petrolheads.

Such a sexy car Rich, congrats and take care of her.

I thought the S60 R rims were different though? Are these aftermarkets or what?

First off wicked ride.

Those tires also look really wintery.
Is there another set of rims with some proper rubber?

:thumbsup:

You're a very, very lucky man. I have a bit of a soft spot for Volvos

Sweet ride. Take care of it, could be a future classic.

And it may not be a supercar, but try waiting a few years before crashing it backwards through the pearly gates. ;)

:heart:

Love it. Looks fantastic Rich, you're a lucky bastard.

Nice pics - thanks for sharing. Nice car - about those rims, they do look different to the ones on Volvos here?

I thought the S60 R rims were different though? Are these aftermarkets or what?

Those tires also look really wintery.
Is there another set of rims with some proper rubber?

about those rims, they do look different to the ones on Volvos here?

Yeah, they are the winter wheels and tires. They are partially why we got such a great deal on it at auction, because not many dealers want to buy 4 brand new stock wheels with rubber. But they work out great for me because we get terrible winters here, and granted this winter is over, I wanted to buy 4 new wheels with snow tires anyway to save the summer ones. So basically, that step is done.

IPDRacing makes some 18" Pegasus (stock 5-spoke) replica wheels for $172USD, a fantastic price for 18"s. I'm gonna pick some of them up when they are in stock and slap them on.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, leaving in 25mins to go get her.

^ I'm surprised I noticed given how little I know about Volvos!

I bet you're so excited Richard... I got my first car 5 years ago but I still remember the sheer joy as I drove it home from the dealership.

P.S. Don't forget pictures of that cool interior either.

Such a great looking car. Is that metallic I see in the paint? :drool:

You gotta give is some shots and early opinions...don't have too much fun without us! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Tint the windows. NOW. :D

Oh that's the plan, right after I paint the front winglets and get them put on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being tardy guys. My weekends are ALWAYS incredibly busy (work 9 hours a day Fri, Sat, and Sun... feckin' retail) and this past Saturday was especially long since I had to wake up early, get the car, then go to work. Regardless of all this I couldn't be more in love.

We got down to the guys house around 9.00a and was pleasantly surprised to see he lived in this gorgeous old-timey England-esque neighbourhood. His house was really interesting and had two garages along a steadily sloping driveway. The first garage was more a covered parkway, but what was more important was that it was full up with THREE V70Rs. One of which, was a Nagaro blue V70R completely Euro-fied and could quite possibly be the most coveted V70R in America. His lower garage contained a Volvo Cross Country, a C1 or C2 Corvette (didn't really pay attention, not my style, but my dad loved it), a '54(?) Ford Pickup, and most importantly, my car.

He took me for a tutorial of all the switches and S60R nuances, of which I already knew since I researched the shit out of this car. We drove it around, got the checks cashed, and the number plates registered and that was it. We drove back to his place to get my father's car and with that it was all mine. We said goodbye to Jim and I pulled out of his drive into the cul de'sac at the opening of his driveway to let my dad get ahead of me. As we pulled down the road away from Jim's house I put in my special CD I had burned just for this occasion. I told several people I burned a CD specially for this and they all laughed and I had to defend myself in order for them to understand, but I know all of you understand why I did it, and would do it too (Petrolheads, stand as one!). Song #1: "Sweet Emotion" - Aerosmith :cool:.

The ride home was fantastic. Two hours and ten minutes was just enough time to bond with my new baby, and get to know all her little habits, features, and creaks (there aren't any, she's as solid as a rock). Unfortunately I had to work that night, but I think my friends were more excited about the car than I was. My good friend has an Audi A4, and while I was at work looking out the windows I saw him cruising the parking lot looking for it :lol:. When I got out of work that night, I met them at a friends house and before I could even turn the key off my door was opened for me and two of my good friends were standing there wanting to inspect. They love it, but in no way could they love it more than me.

It is simply gorgeous. Keystone Volvo in the West Chester/Devon, PA area did a fantastic job and I could never thank them enough. The power this car has is something I am really trying to get used to. Sure it's 300hp at the crank (equates to 240hp-ish at the wheels), but Jim the R expert said this is the fastest one he's ever driven and it may have an engine tune in it. The seats are fantastic. I have never felt something so comfortable and yet firm to hold. The gear box and Halidex AWD system is so solid it really instills confidence in me. The adaptive chasis control is amazing in that at the push of a button the car instantaneously turns into a different beast. I have mostly had the car in comfort mode since I do a lot of highway driving, and am still trying to get used to it. But switch it into sport and it stiffens up, everything does. Advanced mode is a totally different M.O. The shock absorbers have almost no give, the throttle response is sharper, the handling becomes so sharp. It's not like it becomes a Lotus Exige at the push of a button, but for a 2-ton executive saloon, it's astounding.

She's not without her faults though. Keystone re-sealed the angle gear (controls the rear wheel's power) but it still seems to have a slow leak, so after talking to the manager at Keystone today, He recommended I best take it to my local dealer tomorrow to get it checked out.

On Saturday I went on my break the same time my ex-g/f was getting out of work and we happened to be leaving at the same time. We're still cordial with each other and have been talking about getting back together, so I took her for a ride. This, and I'm not lying is the order of things she said: 1.) "I can't believe this is your car..." - in surprise. 2.) "My dad would hate this car" - Cause the passenger compartment is tight and he's a big guy. 3.) "The seats aren't the most comfortable things I've ever say on, like you made them out to be" - ....fuckin' bitch..... 4.) Everytime I showed her the cool gizmos that made me happy (Nav screen rises from the dash, rear headrests flop down at push of a button, etc.) she'd just laugh at me being giddy instead of saying all those things were neat.

In comparison, that night I met a girl from work and we drove around for a while. Aside from the fact that this girl is bloody gorgeous, intelligent, and more mature than any girl I've met since I was 12 - she LOVES S60 Volvos (WIN). She got in the car and proclaimed how jealous she was with a slap on my arm, she thought the nav screen was the coolest thing ever, and the car was amazing. The whole time she was smiling and couldn't help but saying how happy she was for me. I dunno what you're thinking right now, but it seems to me my ex just lost her spot.

Ok enough of that. There is my tale of love, pain, joy, disappointment, and complete, pure, excitement. I apologise for the fact that all I have are these two shitty camera phone pictures, but I still can't find my camera from a wedding I attended a few months back. My father is a professional photographer, however, so this coming week I hope to get some great shots with his help.

Thanks everyone for reading (if you even read this....), I know there will be more to come and I wish I could take all of you for a ride just to see how epically cool this car is.

http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/6789/img131qz3.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/5059/img130gc5.jpg

Last edited:
^ Neat write-up Richard... glad to hear you're so over the moon about it.

I also made a special CD when I got my IS so I totally understand, and I've also noticed chicks for the most part not only don't show interest in guys' cars but they actually usually slag them off. :p

Anyway, congrats. From what I've seen on NBC, not that many nice cars in Scranton (aside from Michael's Boxster) so you should definitely be styling.

P.S. How about them interior pics then?

Anyway, congrats. From what I've seen on NBC, not that many nice cars in Scranton (aside from Michael's Boxster) so you should definitely be styling.

You mean Jan's Boxster. Michael drives a company-car (Chrysler Sebring) and don't forget about his $200 "plasma" TV that he stands and watches when he can :lol:

A girl that definitely falls in love with a man's Volvo is one to keep. Once again, congrats (on both). :thumbsup:

(Boy, does that sound dirty.)

I've also noticed chicks for the most part not only don't show interest in guys' cars but they actually usually slag them off. :p

P.S. How about them interior pics then?

Welp, seeing as I get to sleep in tomorrow, I'm still up and can take a few more. Again, shitty camera phone, but you get the idea.

As far as the girls thing goes, the good, interesting, girl keeps texting me asking me how "my baby" is doing - meaning the car. It's cute, and enough of a bust-ass comment for me to keep liking her.

http://img256.imageshack.**/img256/7434/img132bv6.jpg

Easily, my favourite part... then again I say that about all the parts:

http://img294.imageshack.**/img294/7822/img133ss6.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.**/img241/2961/img134tm8.jpg