Holy Crap! I can't believe it... I GOT THE CAR!

Sweet dials! I'm so jealous that you have satnav.

cvrefugee: I thought Michael said he sold his car and they bought the Boxster together? Regardless, that was such a funny episode. How is Jan ever gonna pay him back for the plasma on her zero dollars a month salary plus benefits?

Wow, Richard, that car looks in absolutely amazing condition, love it!

You know I have a soft spot for R's, what a winner.

The girl sounds like she's worthy of pursuit as well. Clawsome.

Lovely interior, those dials and sat-nav are full of win.

Those are the coolest dials I have ever seen. I am soooo jealous. :)

On the PA turnpike there is a tunnel that is about a half mile long, maybe longer. You spend just long enough in it that if the car has auto-headlamps they flick on whilst you're inside. When I drove through it on the way home, I discovered that the dials are constantly lit from above by tiny white LEDs, day or night. And if it gets dark all of a sudden, like going through a tunnel, the LEDs slowly intensify and the needles also get brighter. It was so cool to see it, like they came alive cause the car suddenly realised it was darker than usual.

On the PA turnpike there is a tunnel that is about a half mile long, maybe longer. You spend just long enough in it that if the car has auto-headlamps they flick on whilst you're inside. When I drove through it on the way home, I discovered that the dials are constantly lit from above by tiny white LEDs, day or night. And if it gets dark all of a sudden, like going through a tunnel, the LEDs slowly intensify and the needles also get brighter. It was so cool to see it, like they came alive cause the car suddenly realised it was darker than usual.

That is AWESOME. Make a video of it :D

Great car Richard. I'm more than a little jealous, and my wife's even more jealous. We've both always like the S60 model a lot, especially the R models. Have loads of fun in it. And if i'm ever in the neighborhood, i DEMAND a ride in it! :p

EDIT: oh, and of course good luck with the Volvo-loving chick :p

Last edited:
Now that's a very sexy beast. And i hope you'll get to use those back seats soon, if you know what i mean. ;)

Lovely car - congrats again, nice write up too (seems like it could be heading for an extra happy ending too)

Beautiful car, great story... ;)

Just a little jealous... :)

That car is such a looker. That was a great writeup on the last page too, you're going to really love this cars for years to come. I bet you'll have some great drives with it, and no matter how spirited you drive it, you'll have that gut feeling that it still has so much to give before you're at it's limit. I always got that feeling in my MY06. :thumbsup:. And you gotta give us some good wash 'n waxed shots...black is so epic when its clean!

That S60 makes me want to pick up a Volvo sometime later down the line :D

I think we all need to figure out how to have a FinalGear meet. We have so many great cars in here...they all need to be in one spot :mrgreen:

Very very very nice S60R. Those dials look amazing.

/me is jealous.

That car is such a looker. That was a great writeup on the last page too, you're going to really love this cars for years to come. I bet you'll have some great drives with it, and no matter how spirited you drive it, you'll have that gut feeling that it still has so much to give before you're at it's limit. I always got that feeling in my MY06. :thumbsup:. And you gotta give us some good wash 'n waxed shots...black is so epic when its clean!

That S60 makes me want to pick up a Volvo sometime later down the line :D

I think we all need to figure out how to have a FinalGear meet. We have so many great cars in here...they all need to be in one spot :mrgreen:

My dad brought home an S80 on a test drive and I drove it. UGhhh, LOVE. It was such a handsome car and so nice inside, plus it had the V8. The only other car I could see me buying from Volvo would be an XC90 when I get the family started. Other than that, it's just the R for me.

I know, I gotta hook that up soon enough. Maybe on the lower corner of the rear windscreen? I was thinking doing the badge up front in the grille, but I want to enjoy it as stock for now.

I've always loved the shifter on that car. Very awesome.

Hey good buy. The main design problem with all S60's is the lack of legroom in the back and the trunk opening isn't that big. My dad's got a decently new 2.5T and it feels more solid than any other car we've owned.

http://img256.imageshack.**/img256/7434/img132bv6.jpg

I meant to ask, what's the manual like to shift?? Seems a bit weird to have the stick sticking out of this material that's concave rather than what I'm used to (stick covered in faux-leather all over).

I'm sure it's just the same, but it looks odd.