Holy Crap! I can't believe it... I GOT THE CAR!

http://img177.imageshack.**/img177/7929/1199762933557kf5.jpg

It's a very good looking car, considering it's a Volvo I'd rarely say that, but the color scheme and subtle R differences really make it nice.

I still LOL when I see wiper blades on the headlights. Remind me of late 80s Mercedes Benzes. Quick question though, does that car come with HIDs?

Daaaaaamn. Now then. Who says Swedish cars aren't cool?

Daaaaaamn. Now then. Who says Swedish cars aren't cool?

Exactly. I really don't see enough Volvo's around here, they always make me look twice, or three times, or four times.

I think I might have to persuade my dad to get a Volvo too, but a V50. :)

Finally! Someone else who loves the V50!

Matt and I and our V50s -> :cheers:

Thanks everyone, I still really can't believe I have it. I took her down to a mate's house today and even though I've had it for one week today, I'm still surprised at all the kit that comes on it. My buddies loved the flip down rear headrests and the nav screen.

I went for a bit of a cruise with another mate and his Audi A4 today, and the car really shined. One thing I can say is that this car needs new wheels and tires (I refuse to go into Advanced mode without better traction) and possibly a better intercooler. From what I gather, a FMIC turns this car into a totally new beast. So I'm gonna look into one, but whether or not I bite the bullet on it is yet to be determined.

I still LOL when I see wiper blades on the headlights. Remind me of late 80s Mercedes Benzes. Quick question though, does that car come with HIDs?

Yeah, it has HIDs for the night time lamps and highbeams. It's kinda funny, unlike most cars that have two separate lamps for low and high beams, this car has one lamp for both. Flick the stalk for high beams and the lamps literally move up into high beam position. Definitely, definitely cool.

Yeah, it has HIDs for the night time lamps and highbeams. It's kinda funny, unlike most cars that have two separate lamps for low and high beams, this car has one lamp for both. Flick the stalk for high beams and the lamps literally move up into high beam position. Definitely, definitely cool.

Yup those are Bi-Xenos and 2004 was about the first year they were on the market for most cars. They were still optional on Range Rovers that year.

What are these lights though?
http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/6571/sss5697xc6.jpg
In the euro version these are the high beams - when you turn the high beams on, the HIDs raise and the halogen bulbs in these lights turn on in addition to that. Are these some kind of daytime lights in the US version?

Yup those are Bi-Xenos and 2004 was about the first year they were on the market for most cars. They were still optional on Range Rovers that year.

Ahhh... I see. The more you know I guess, haha.

What are these lights though?
http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/6571/sss5697xc6.jpg
In the euro version these are the high beams - when you turn the high beams on, the HIDs raise and the halogen bulbs in these lights turn on in addition to that. Are these some kind of daytime lights in the US version?

Those are the daytime running lights. The turn off and it's just the HIDs when it gets dark enough out. A lot of North American R owners try to find the Euro lamps because they are a lot better, but they cost an arm and a baby and they requiring a bit of modding to put in. The guy that got me into this car has them on one of his V70Rs, gorgeous.

Stunning car. Nice neighbourhood too. Very Soprano like. :eek:

:lol: We are far from the Sopranos. Just a regular Brit/Irish/German family that lives in a neighbourhood that's rather unsuspecting when people hear we're from Scranton. :)

I can't stand the Office which is funny cause I like Steve Carell in other things but not on that show.

People here have either never seen it, or love it. Weird paradox. I like it, but I'm not a huge freak about it. Network TV has lost all their funny shows over the last 5-7 years, and I think it's better than most of their current offerings.

/I miss the days of Frasier...
//Mmm, sweet sweet syndication...

People here have either never seen it, or love it. Weird paradox. I like it, but I'm not a huge freak about it. Network TV has lost all their funny shows over the last 5-7 years, and I think it's better than most of their current offerings.

/I miss the days of Frasier...
//Mmm, sweet sweet syndication...

Oh I agree I probably watch more Downloaded BBC programs, Top Gear, Fifth gear and Dr. Who mostly, then regular network TV.