Autoblog: Honda Motorcycles puts Kawasaki on notice with the CBR250 (Warning: MC Content!)

IIRC, the only 250 that produced in the 40hp range was in the insane Honda CBR250RR, which did so at something like 15,000 rpm.

The Aprilia RS250 had more than 50bhp, but that had a two stroke engine and it is out of production now, so that doesn't really count.

Pure awesomeness.

I was contemplating getting into the two-wheeled world via another Honda (Rebel 250) but this sealed the deal for me.

The only thing that will suck is that dealers will likely rob you blind when these things hit the showroom floor...

Here in Denmark you're allowed to right motorcycles from the age of 18, but untill you're 21 they can only be 250cc and/or 32 hp. So the Ninja fits that bill, and this does too :) Don't know if we're alone in having a law like that, but excessive power on their smaller bikes could limit their markets.

I really like this bike, and it'd be perfect for me as a first bike. If I had the money that is. Not entirely sure about the pricing here in Denmark, not cheap I bet (relatively speaking).

I used to drive a scooter when I was 16, and I sort of miss the two-wheeled fun :)

The Aprilia RS250 had more than 50bhp, but that had a two stroke engine and it is out of production now, so that doesn't really count.

Doesn't count at all! 250cc two-stroke sportbikes are no-compromises racebikes that are almost undriveable in everyday public-roads driving. 250cc four-stroke sportbikes are beginner's bikes. Can't compare them.