Honda reliability? Bah. Now for a Subaru.

about now i would be telling you that u picked a good car esp. when it snows...but at the same time right now i also remembered your in aussie land... :|

:p great choice ethier way :)

Nice to join the Subauru family!

Those 2.5 RS are the shit! They handle really well and have a nice 2.5 engine u can have fun with!

No Boss said:
bartboy9891 said:
is that a stock steering wheel?

I think it is, my buddy has a 2.5 RS \has the same wheel. But the airbag insert is different.

Def. jealous, that white is fantastic.

edit: I just realized that's a 4 door. Over here that body style only came in 2 door... :shock:
ah gotcha, for some reason i thought WRX's and STI's always had 3-spoke steering wheels :?

andyhui01 said:
do you mind if I asked how much did it cost? Just the rough amount, and are you still a P driver?

Price wise I'm just going to say that the national average for a private sale of one of these is $17,800 - $21,100 and I paid between those figures. I'm off my P's now so i'm a fully fledged driver. No red plates in the windows of this baby.

static said:
The bug-eyed thing that replaced it is the first generation WRX. Is this "officially" called WRX in kangaroo-land?

Yeah, these have always been called WRX here and have been called that ever since the Ver.1 back in '92 or '93 or whenever they were launched. Same for Japan too.

NoBoss said:
edit: I just realized that's a 4 door. Over here that body style only came in 2 door... :shock:

These were the main ones here, we had a limited run of 499 2 door STi WRXs imported here but most WRXs in this body shape are the 4 door.

Thanks guys, I knew I picked a good 'un!! :)

Doh! I forgot to give you some advice! Make sure you dont tear through the gears when shifting. In other words, when shifting fast or on the gas full throttle, the clutch has to be fully engaged, shift into...2nd gear lets say, then clutch out. Just dont bang the gears, your trannys main shaft will thank you. I see so many WRX's in the shop that have owners who get a little excited, bang through the gears and then destroy the main shaft. Repair for this at my work runs $1200-1500 USD, parts and labor. I would hate to see you pay that. :(

yeah, i've heard about that, i've driven my cars with little respect in the past, but then again, they were old bangers. This one will be a little different.

Thanks for the heads up anyway!!

flyingfridge said:
andyhui01 said:
do you mind if I asked how much did it cost? Just the rough amount, and are you still a P driver?

Price wise I'm just going to say that the national average for a private sale of one of these is $17,800 - $21,100 and I paid between those figures. I'm off my P's now so i'm a fully fledged driver. No red plates in the windows of this baby.

static said:
The bug-eyed thing that replaced it is the first generation WRX. Is this "officially" called WRX in kangaroo-land?

Yeah, these have always been called WRX here and have been called that ever since the Ver.1 back in '92 or '93 or whenever they were launched. Same for Japan too.

NoBoss said:

These were the main ones here, we had a limited run of 499 2 door STi WRXs imported here but most WRXs in this body shape are the 4 door.

Thanks guys, I knew I picked a good 'un!! :)

yup... I believe they have always been called Impreza's in the states for that gen Impreza because I believe the 2.0Turbo with 220 or so bhp (aka. WRX) never made it there, only the 2.5RS.

Ive always thought that that particular configuration for the STi is the best looking one. I don't know but I just don't like the look of the new STi very much.

Seems best compromise between price and performance - nice clean example. Four doors too, very practical. Congrats.

Awesome dude, awesome! :thumbsup:

u should have stick with the ss ute... but subaru is just as good : )