Honda-Tech Member + VW Golf + Stuck Lug Bolt = Hilarity ensured

Hmm wow. I had a similar problem on my Integra, some fool had cross threaded the lugnut on the wheel stud. When I went to take it off, all I did was break the studs hold in the hub so I was just spinning the entire lugnut-stud assembly. What I did was drill through the lugnut and stud and then broke it off with a hammer. After I got the wheel off I knocked the broken stud out and replaced it. It was miserable and it took about 2 hours sitting ing the Texas summer sun on concrete to get it off but it never even crossed my mind to cut the wheel off! I only have steelies after all which are cheap as dirt. If I were that guy I would have drilled it all out long before resorting to what he did and if that wasn't an option, I would have taken it to a machine shop an paid them to drill it out.

Also, where is he getting this idea that EZ-outs are made of brass??

and he's definately not a top gear fan...or he would've used a hammer :D

I'm resisting the urge to snap my laptop in half. That level of combined idiocy and failure is just too much.

somebody get that rocket launcher away from Jamal before he kills all of us? :O

My favorite comment on that site:

"For sale:
4 tires
3 wheels"

I love the internet experts in that thread telling him how he should've done everything. As if that's going to make a damn bit of difference at this point.

You mean the internet experts using common sense? The mans problem came down to a simple bit of laziness and cheapness! He didn't want to go spend the $10 on a drill bit and some EZouts.

Oh and he claims he took it to a shop or 2 but none would touch it. Obviously he just didn't pick the RIGHT shops to visit. :wall::wall:

Q: What kind of retard saws through a rim to get at a stuck lug bolt?

A: The kind that has mismatched rims on his car.

Too funny. That's beyond ridiculous. In the long list of "crap I would have done to get the bolt unstuck" I don't think I would have in my wildest dreams come up with "Sawzall through the wheel."

And the person never thought to, at his height of desperation, take that cut off wheel and remove the wheel studs shoulder that is easily accessible on the other side of the spindle? :?

*EDIT* Now that I took a closer look, it seems that VW has the goofy VW studs they should have phased out years ago.

Last edited:
And the person never thought to, at his height of desperation, take that cut off wheel and remove the wheel studs shoulder that is easily accessible on the other side of the spindle? :?

*EDIT* Now that I took a closer look, it seems that VW has the goofy VW studs they should have phased out years ago.

VW's don't use studs, they use bolts like every other god damned German car.

VW's don't use studs, they use bolts like every other god damned German car.

Bolts, studs, Helsinki smash rods...whatever; they thread into a hub with an affixed nut. Myself I think they are a bad idea; I would rather have a stripped out wheel stud than a stripped out hole in a not-so removable hub.

I know, I know...five pages later, after being lectured by every VW fanatic (including my wife) of how these studs are vastly superior, that I am a racist, shot Kennedy, and raped Nanking, I will admit defeat.

So you know what? I admit it now. I am wrong about VW wheel studs. Now if you will excuse me, there is a cross I need to be nailed to.

;)

I know, I know...five pages later, after being lectured by every VW fanatic (including my wife) of how these studs are vastly superior
Enlighten me. I wish to know exactly how the hell they justify that crap?

Bolts, studs, Helsinki smash rods...whatever; they thread into a hub with an affixed nut. Myself I think they are a bad idea; I would rather have a stripped out wheel stud than a stripped out hole in a not-so removable hub.

I know, I know...five pages later, after being lectured by every VW fanatic (including my wife) of how these studs are vastly superior, that I am a racist, shot Kennedy, and raped Nanking, I will admit defeat.

So you know what? I admit it now. I am wrong about VW wheel studs. Now if you will excuse me, there is a cross I need to be nailed to.

;)

Enlighten me. I wish to know exactly how the hell they justify that crap?

Me too. My car has uses bolts and it?s a pain to align the holes in the hub to the holes in the wheel. It seems so much safer and easier to have threaded studs in the hub, put on wheel, fasten lug nuts, DONE!

;)

Wait, you didn't think I was saying bolts are better did you? I hate the bolts. I'm with you, I'd rather have a stripped stud, not too hard to chase the threads throw a couple of bolts on it and pull it out, saving the hub. Plus it makes it easier to force the stud out if some retarded situation like this happens.

Bolts, studs, Helsinki smash rods

Helsinki smash rods? What's with that name?

Anyway, my 3 month long posrep streak comes to an end in this thread after "messing with accountants" :lol:

Reactions: Jay
Anyway, my 3 month long posrep streak comes to an end in this thread after "messing with accountants" :lol:

You shouldent mess with accountants man.....they preform a vital role in the community, save lives , put themselves in harms way and all, when there....you know, 'accounting'. :p

So, who is the lucky Finnish user who gets a "Helsinki Smash Rod" user title? :lol: