Hondas

M5Rangerover

http://img25.imageshack.**/img25/8803/hondaracing.jpg

lol

found this on the net

is it true??
:lol:

Sorry, but I take offense to making fun of retards. My oldest sister has cerebral palsy and a host of other physical disabilities, and she's been confined to a wheelchair since a very young age. It's no fault of her own she's that way, life just dealt her a bad hand.

But to answer the question, I don't think a Honda is built to race - the better Honda models (S2000, NSX, etc) are built to be a great car to drive. I drive a Civic SiR, and it's a lot of fun. There are plenty of faster cars out there that I coulda bought for less money, and the same goes for the S2000 (although it's still priced pretty good!) and the NSX. I think racing with them is like trying to go to a fancy restaurant wearing cutoff jeans and a baseball cap. It's not meant to be. So, I guess the answer is yes.

:|

actually, the fact that toyota is racing in nascar is funnier

The problem with Hondas isn't that they are bad cars, it's just that the people who drive them tend to be idiot ricers. When you see Honda after Honda with a coffee can exhaust and wiper LEDs, you begin to think Hondas are bad cars.

Hondas have a strong racing history, they pioneered variable timing. They have street engines that rev to 8k. They puts double wishbones on their cheapest economy cars. The NSX and S2000 are their real sports cars, but Civics and Accords are good cars too when you compare them to their counterparts (Camry, Corolla?)

I probably would have liked Hondas if most weren't so incredibly boring looking to me.

well, i think honda deserves loads of respect. the looks of their cars aren't great idd. but their engine! no, not the most powerful, but neither are they the largest. take the integra type R, 192 hp, while only being 1.8l, civic type R, 212hp, 2.0l. the delsol 1.6 VTI has 160 hp. there realy is no brand which gets that much power out of such small NA engines

bone said:
there realy is no brand which gets that much power out of such small NA engines
How about Mazda's RX-8 : 1.3L 238 hp NA (I know I'm cheating because it's a rotary engine :D ).

I don't agree with the first post. Honda makes some good cars, and also some good bikes.

THe problem with Honda is not that it doesn't know how to make a good sports car/sedan, but that it plays safe and doesn't want to take chances.

ESPNSTI said:
bone said:
there realy is no brand which gets that much power out of such small NA engines
How about Mazda's RX-8 : 1.3L 238 hp NA (I know I'm cheating because it's a rotary engine :D ).

8) rotors are the r0x0rz1 :twisted:

Rotary displacement can't even really be compared to piston engines because displacement isn't measured the same way. The way to measure a piston engine's displacement is relatively straightforward, but it's debatable to measure a rotary.

NA engines-wise, Hondas do make some pretty amazing engines.

Honda is a great company, who know how to make great engines. When the original 2.0L S2000 came out, it developed 120hp / L of displacememt, which, at the time, was the highest for any NA production engine.

I agree, Honda's image has been severely tarnished by idiot teens who think that coffee can exhausts, park-bench aluminum wings, euro-style taillights, and bodykits with more holes than plastic make the car look good. The FnF movies didn't help it any, either. Most true Honda enthusiasts like myself hate what the "ricer" generation has done to Honda. I think that Honda as a company deserves a lot more respect than what the average person gives them - it's the people that made it bad.

As far as styling, many of the older vehicles aren't great. But I think Honda has really come a long way - the new Accord coupe is cool (240 hp, 6-speed :twisted:), the Pilot is great, and the S2000 is freakin' awesome. The only bad ones they have are the new SiR and the Insight.

i only like the new accord coupe from honda, the rest are BLAND. even saying "honda" makes me want to yawn

where have you been? theres a firestorm going on about BMW's in here :lol: (esp. the new 5 series) even the old BMW's are distinctive, they have always had the "double kidney" grille and the "hoffenmier" (i dunno if thats right) kink in the rear window. Honda on the other hand, has no distinctive styling features