Honestly - how bad is the RX-8, anyway?

For track stuff, btw, the S2000 is feinitely a better choice. I keep looking at how doggone fast they are and thinking "doggone!".

Steve

In case you're wondering, I'm 6"1, 150 and fit in the RX8 perfectly. You shouldn't have any problems, either.

For track stuff, btw, the S2000 is feinitely a better choice. I keep looking at how doggone fast they are and thinking "doggone!".

Steve

:lol: maybe, but only if you can drive one. I have seen a lot of hard driven amatuers get rather lost in the handling dynamics, especially with the AP1. Plus the RX8 is for all intentional purposes more practical and cheaper to buy new.

I would wait it out...get the Subie payed off, then buy an RX-8 and keep the Subie for the winter.
:hmm: That's a really good idea actually because if you can afford to run two cars you could use the Subaru as a daily driver and then make your second car something a little more exotic and special. I'm thinking along the lines of a Porsche 964 or something like that...

I'm 6'2" and 155lbs. I seem to fit okay in sports cars, albeit ones with fixed roofs
Holy crap, you're anorexic! :lol:

and winters as low as -10.
Pfft, minus ten (-23C). See my post.

I have driven a second gen RX-7 and is FREAKING AWESOME! It is hands-down the best handling and most fun car I have ever driven. It's just so incredibly tight to drive and everything talks to you like it should. I can only imagine that the RX-8 is even better.

/ Likes being a small guy who can fit in RX's, MX-5's and alike tiny cars :D

Steve

Again, my Triumph Daytona 675 is far better for track stuff. Nothing beats looking down at your speedo and going "wow, theres no way i'm going to make this corner going 160mph right now."

Get this.

07_Infiniti_G35S_24.jpg

20061019-2007-infiniti-g35-interior.jpg

ag_07g35_rear.jpg

Make sure you get the sport package though with the 6mt

Yes, thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I want a quasi-sporty luxury box with a Renault engine and styling so bland it makes milk seem spicy.

It's Nissan's venerable VQ engine, you know, the one that's found in the 350Z and the GT-R (to an extent ) and has won a ton of awards for the last 10 years. Been listening to JC much?

The coupe's better looking, though.

Yes, thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I want a quasi-sporty luxury box with a Renault engine and styling so bland it makes milk seem spicy.

LOL wow shows how much you know.

And this is comming from somone who bought an Outback Sport and wants to buy a 15 second coupe thing that gets terrible gas mileage. LOL. Shows so much.

Sorry, next time i will keep my 2 cents.

BTW that has nissan VQ35HR engine. It spins to 7500rpm and creates 306hp. It will do 0-60 in about 5.3seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.7seconds at over 100mph. It will reach speeds in excess of 150mph and it only costs 37k.

So as i stated, dont waste your money on a 15 second RX8 when you cold get a 350Z or G35 and kick its ass and have a much better driving experience.

But what do i know. I like quasi sport nissans with bland stylng and renault engines.

But what do i know. I like quasi sport nissans with bland stylng and renault engines.

Don't forget that you like Chevy Trailblazers too! :p

;)

LOL wow shows how much you know.

I KNOW!! Milk tastes great, i have no idea what hes getting at!

He loves rotories, and you can't argue with love or sentiment.

no T/C FTW!!! :mrgreen:

and thats exactly the model that im gonna get :)

So long as you've tried them both, i have heard that the AP2 is a bit more stable even without the traction control, and the extra displacement is only a good thing so far as i can tell. If youve driven both then i'd love to hear your thoughts, since i've only driven the AP2 personally

I KNOW!! Milk tastes great, i have no idea what hes getting at!

He loves rotories, and you can't argue with love or sentiment.

I dont mind that he loves rotaries, (look at me, i love GMS Atlas series Inline 6) but to say the Infiniti has a renault engine and its a quasy sport w/e is kinda beyond me. All that says is "I have ignorance and have probably never even sat in this car"

I'm dreaming of a RX-8 myself. However I'm not entirely sure it would be part of my reasonable ultimate garage and that's because it's a compromise. I'd rather have a FWD/AWD everyday car with decent comfort and boot, like that Impreza of yours, and then complement it with a more hardcore sportscar, like an Noble M12. Now I know that the Noble isn't road legal in the states, but you know what I mean. Impreza + racespec FD maybe?

Also if you're considering buying a brand new RX-8, keep in mind that it may get a new engine within a few years. Personally I'd rather buy a used one to utilize the depriciation.

okay.. time to confess..

just about how big are you guys? cvrefugee and Blind_Io:mrgreen:

I'm a bit over 6'2", and at the time I think I weighed around 200lbs. I can barely fit into an MR2, I have to push the pedals with my feet while getting in. The RX-8 wasn't that bad, but too tight for my comfort.

It's Nissan's venerable VQ engine, you know, the one that's found in the 350Z and the GT-R (to an extent ) and has won a ton of awards for the last 10 years. Been listening to JC much?

The coupe's better looking, though.

A few weeks ago I raced and killed two cars with a new G35 (loaner car), a Mustang GT convertible (must have been automatic) and some crappy Pontiac G6 with gay wheels. That Infiniti has some major balls.

So long as you've tried them both, i have heard that the AP2 is a bit more stable even without the traction control, and the extra displacement is only a good thing so far as i can tell. If youve driven both then i'd love to hear your thoughts, since i've only driven the AP2 personally

Only tried the AP1 with the F20C engine. Honda SA doesnt have the F22C in the AP2 model, but everything else comes standard like you would get in a normal AP2.

Therefore i cant really tell you much about the 2.2l engine, but i dont really like the idea of sacraficing revs for torque, v-tec units generally suit my driving style better, which is why im so in love with the AP1 model.

Obviously you will get more for the AP2 model, like upgraded sound, glass wind deflector, T/C and S/C or what they call the VSA or something like that. 17" rims, new front bumper, new lights etc... But at the same time, the AP1 will cost significantly cheaper.

i want a S2000 :(

Get this.

07_Infiniti_G35S_24.jpg

20061019-2007-infiniti-g35-interior.jpg

ag_07g35_rear.jpg

Make sure you get the sport package though with the 6mt

You obviously fail at this game.

He basically wants a coupe, you tell him to get a four door. He wants a stick, you recommend an auto. He generally stated his budget, and you show him a car that's base starts at $31,600. He said he wanted to buy the car he's ALWAYS dreamed about... and ok I'm done, you're just an idiot.