Honestly - how bad is the RX-8, anyway?

okay.. time to confess..

just about how big are you guys? cvrefugee and Blind_Io:mrgreen:

seriously, ive also driven an RX8, im about 6' tall and average size and the interior was not cramped at all. how tall or bulky (ill be polite and not say 'fat') are you guys that the Rx8 is such an uncomfortable fit?

LOL wow shows how much you know.

And this is comming from somone who bought an Outback Sport and wants to buy a 15 second coupe thing that gets terrible gas mileage. LOL. Shows so much.

Sorry, next time i will keep my 2 cents.

BTW that has nissan VQ35HR engine. It spins to 7500rpm and creates 306hp. It will do 0-60 in about 5.3seconds, 1/4 mile in 13.7seconds at over 100mph. It will reach speeds in excess of 150mph and it only costs 37k.

So as i stated, dont waste your money on a 15 second RX8 when you cold get a 350Z or G35 and kick its ass and have a much better driving experience.

But what do i know. I like quasi sport nissans with bland stylng and renault engines.

Notice you've only talked straight line speed, where the entire point of an RX-8 is taking corners... perhaps thats why he didn't think your useless comment was worthwhile.

Oh and the G3x sedans are Fuglier than anything even the Koreans could come up with.

You obviously fail at this game.

He basically wants a coupe, you tell him to get a four door. He wants a stick, you recommend an auto. He generally stated his budget, and you show him a car that's base starts at $31,600. He said he wanted to buy the car he's ALWAYS dreamed about... and ok I'm done, you're just an idiot.

The RX8 is a four door.

I didnt see a budget. All i remember is that RX8s arent that cheap. Right around that range. I suggested a 4 door because its a very fast 4 door. And pretty reasonable to. He didnt say anything about 4 doors anyways. GIVING MY 2 CENTS! If he wanted a full blown coupe, he could get an older G coupe but its gonna be a lot slower (still faster than an RX8 though)

God you guys are just terrible. I hope i never have the pleasure of meeting any of you except maybe Mopar Man. Thats about it.

God you guys are just terrible. I hope i never have the pleasure of meeting any of you except maybe Mopar Man. Thats about it.
That explains everything! :lol:

The RX8 is a four door.

I didnt see a budget. All i remember is that RX8s arent that cheap. Right around that range. I suggested a 4 door because its a very fast 4 door. And pretty reasonable to. He didnt say anything about 4 doors anyways. GIVING MY 2 CENTS! If he wanted a full blown coupe, he could get an older G coupe but its gonna be a lot slower (still faster than an RX8 though)

I see you have the basic reading comprehension of a 4th grader.

Yes.... birds of a feather and all that.

8)

I just like Top Gear. i guess thats why im here.

i just think tis funny, its OKAY to be a BMW, mercedes, Audi, VW fanboy, but if you like somthing thats not that, your stupid and dumb.

I like GM and Nissan about EQUAL. So what? Are you a communist or somthing? are you gonna hate on me for liking somthing that you dont?

Its not like im on here in a Prius or somthing. So you think my car is crap? Good for you! Shows just HOW little you know.

I also plan on buying an RX8. That is, if my insurance company doesn't make house calls for castrations.

Used prices are very reasonable on them. I'd suggest buying used, since the depreciation is so high. And keep a close eye on maintenance.

no, you're terrible. just because you think the G35's and TB's are the greatest cars in the world, doesn't mean everybody thinks the samething. you're a 2-faced fanboy.

and yes, the RX8 is a coupe. its in the category of RWD sport coupes with the 350Z/G37, (now) Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mercedes-Benz SLK350, Porsche Cayman S, and a whole bunch of others.

If you can handle a two seater, get a 350Z. It's infinity more fun to drive. You really need to give one of those a test drive. Also, for the same price you could get a used M3 with maybe the original warranty or a third party warranty... or lease a M coupe. :) I'd go with the M coupe, but that's me.

that actually works out pretty well, because few ppl on these forums want to meet Mopar Man either.

that actually works out pretty well, because few ppl on these forums want to meet Mopar Man either.

Mopar Man is rarely gets confrontational when people disagree with his views, and he at least puts up with the shit that people give him.

no, you're terrible. just because you think the G35's and TB's are the greatest cars in the world, doesn't mean everybody thinks the samething. you're a 2-faced fanboy.

and yes, the RX8 is a coupe. its in the category of RWD sport coupes with the 350Z/G37, (now) Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mercedes-Benz SLK350, Porsche Cayman S, and a whole bunch of others.

And you think everybody on SF liked you? i was just talking to people on aim about you the other day. They said its a much better place now that your gone! Good going :lol:

I compare the TB to other vehicles in its class. And it does have the best engine IMO of any car in its class.

I like the G35 because imo, if you arent loaded, its the best car you can get in its segment. And thats a fact. You can load one up with EVERYTHING for 38k. A base 335i (the only car that beats it) STARTS at 39k.

I like them both and big deal. Dont like MY opinion, ignore it.

Mopar Man is rarely gets confrontational when people disagree with his views, and he at least puts up with the shit that people give him.

Mopar Man is cool in my book. but Wannabe SS lost my respect a LONG time ago when he showed that he was an inconsiderate, street racing, car abuser while his mother was in the car and then telling her to "shut the fuck up, bitch" when she told him to stop.

Mopar Man is cool in my book. but Wannabe SS lost my respect a LONG time ago when he showed that he was an inconsiderate, street racing, car abuser while his mother was in the car and then telling her to "shut the fuck up, bitch" when she told him to stop.
WOW, now your making stuff up. if you can find a thread where i EVER told my mom to "shut the fuck up bitch" in a thread, PM w/e, post it on the forum. Because i would NEVER say that to my mother. I would have had my ass KICKED if i EVER said that. I would be out on my OWN if i ever treated my parents like that.

Elmo, you are a lying sack of shit and ruined this thread right there.

Wow, uh, this is now an ex-Streetfire pissing match.

Jesus.

Well you can thank sir lies a lot for that!

BTW i sent him a pm to get it OUT of this forum.

BTW i always liked the RX8. Just needs more power for my taste.

Well you can thank sir lies a lot for that!

BTW i sent him a pm to get it OUT of this forum.

BTW i always liked the RX8. Just needs more power for my taste.

Both of you please leave, and take Mopar Man with you. We've collectively agreed on IRC several times now...
You are not wanted here. Yet you keep coming around, please stop.

MoparMan: The fact that either of these 2 approve of you doesn't help you.

Last edited:
If you guys are done measuring your e-penises, can we get back to cars? Take it to PMs.

okay.. time to confess..

just about how big are you guys? cvrefugee and Blind_Io:mrgreen:

I'm 6'4" and about 230 lb. I have size 14 feet (US), very wide shoulders and a barrel chest.
I fit in the RX-8 quite comfortably.

There have been a couple posts about the RX8's "lack of power" - it's true that a 350Z will beat it in a straight line. Hell, a Mustang GT probably will too. To understand the RX8 you need to go back to the roots of sports cars: small, lightweight cars with rather small engines that did one thing very well; go around corners. The RX8 is a throwback to the golden age of sports car design, it doesn't have a big snarling engine because that's not what it's for. Comparing the RX8 to a 350Z is like criticizing a submarine because it's not an airplane. It's using a measuring cup instead of a tape measure. To put it plainly, it's comparing apples and oranges. The 350Z is a heavier car with a big V6 that is made to have a good quarter-mile time. The RX8 takes longer to get to speed (not much longer if driven properly, but longer), but it carries that speed through the corners because of it's impressive engineering.

Unless someone has a similar car to the RX8 they want to throw into the mix, can we just accept that the 350Z and the RX8 are completely different cars for completely different purposes.

Even thought the RX8 is more fun to drive
and has four usable seats
and a party piece access door
and a usable boot

face it, the RX8 is better

I like apples more.

Last edited: