Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Discuss.

I, for one, am a big fan.

I know people who love it, and know people who are disgusted by it. I found it interesting that it was so polarizing.

Last edited:
I'm game, as long as it really is a simple mixture of just honey and mustard. That works very well for me, but some of the abominations out there that are simply called honey mustard? No thanks...

I can see that. I'm pretty open...but I mostly just see spicy or garlic versions; nothing too wacky.

I also do like both styles: a spicy yellow mustard version for some things like corn dogs, but my favorite is when it's made with a whole-grain mustard. Awesome on fried chicken.

Someone I used to work with said that it smells like a "putrid egg salad" to him.

I don't mind it. On occasions that I eat at Subway, it's my go-to choice of sauce.

I've also made some of my own when experimenting in the kitchen.

EDIT: Also converted my mum to the stuff when I bought it as a salad dressing instead of the crap she made that she copied off her friend.

Sorry folks, I find it disgusting. I love honey and don't mind mustard; but, to me, they just aren't compatible in a mix.

What REALLY ticks me off is when some gee-whiz menu planner puts it into a sandwich or dish without bothering to list it on the menu. (Are you listening, Arby's?? Honey mustard DOES NOT belong on any sandwich or wrap described as a "club" item, unless it's available as an add-on.) Extra credit to places like Penn Station that list ALL the ingredients on their big menu boards!

SL

Then they made your sandwich wrong, because none of their sandwiches with "club" in their name are supposed to have honey mustard. At least on the web, their product descriptions mention the honey mustard on the wraps...but their in-store menus are pretty terrible...but they seem to be getting worse and worse in that regard everywhere.

Last edited:
Then they made your sandwich wrong, because none of their sandwiches with "club" in their name are supposed to have honey mustard. At least on the web, their product descriptions mention the honey mustard on the wraps...but their in-store menus are pretty terrible...but they seem to be getting worse and worse in that regard everywhere.

It was a wrap. For years, a club sandwich and fries has been my go-to lunch when nothing else sounds good. Before I retired, there was an Arby's near our building and almost all of us had it in our lunch 'rotation'. When I saw that they had a 'club wrap', I was really happy because none of the other nearby restaurants offered a club sandwich.

I'm the type of guy who almost never makes a scene, but... I had been running errands on my lunch hour and picked up the wrap to take back to the office with me. I sat down with some friends in our break area, took one bite and could not believe what I tasted. I got up, drove back to Arby's and basically threw the wrap across the counter at the manager while letting him know, in no uncertain terms, what I thought about Arby's 'innovation'. I can't recall ever going back into that particular restaurant. (Although I have eaten at other Arby's because my wife and several of my friends really like to eat there.) Looking back, I guess that I shouldn't have blown up at the manager because he was only making the wraps the way the company told him to, but he happened to be first in the line of fire and got the full brunt of my anger.:shakefist:

SL

I got up, drove back to Arby's and basically threw the wrap across the counter at the manager while letting him know, in no uncertain terms, what I thought about Arby's 'innovation'.
I'm trying to picture that scene without resorting to at least half a dozen stereotypes... nope, it's impossible. :lol:

Anyway, didn't Jon Stewart use to make fun of Arby's on The Daily Show? I suppose this sort of innovation must have been one of the reasons.

I've got one for you. I bought a pork taco yesterday. It came topped with mother-fuckin' FISH EGGS.

never had it so cant answer... sounds delicious though!

Delicious with pretzels. Just a scoop of mustard, and a scoop of honey, and adjust to taste.

It's vile. But then again, I hate most condiments. :lol:

One way to kinda get there: is thre BBQ sauce in Finland? BBQ sauces come in many varieties, but a couple very common ones accentuate a mustard flavor, and/or a sweetness, often times from honey. So it's not too far of a logical leap to the possibility that two flavors used in BBQ sauce (sometimes together) could work together on their own.

Honey is the worst shit... Honey and mustard however, is amazing.
I use a teaspoon of honey to about a tablespoon of mustard.

One way to kinda get there: is thre BBQ sauce in Finland? BBQ sauces come in many varieties, but a couple very common ones accentuate a mustard flavor, and/or a sweetness, often times from honey. So it's not too far of a logical leap to the possibility that two flavors used in BBQ sauce (sometimes together) could work together on their own.

No doubt there's something like that as a base for some sauces. And plenty of mustard use around here. But honey mustard as a concept was completely unknown to me. :)