Horizon 2

I got the 360 version yesterday and got a few quick races in today. I'm pretty happy with it, the steering could be sharper but aside from that it's good fun. And a decent challenge with maxed out difficulty, too.

I've put more than 12 hours in to this now and I can safely say that I'm having a lot of fun, some of the race styles are a blast when you get the technique right. I'm also enjoying how beautiful the whole thing is and the new paint styles, my brushed aluminium Datsun looks awesome. :D

I like the way it gets clips of skill moments too, just as long as they don't fill the HDD too quickly.

I got the 360 version yesterday and got a few quick races in today. I'm pretty happy with it, the steering could be sharper but aside from that it's good fun. And a decent challenge with maxed out difficulty, too.

How are the graphics? I'm hesitant to buy the 360 version, thinking that it's a shitty port. No way I'm buying a Xbone just for one game though...

Fine by my standards. That said, I don't consider graphics that important so I may not be the best judge.

I was fine with the first Horizon so maybe I should be blissfully ignorant about how good it looks on Xbone and just have fun on the 360. Thanks. :)

I was fine with the first Horizon so maybe I should be blissfully ignorant about how good it looks on Xbone and just have fun on the 360. Thanks. :)

The races will still be a lot of fun but I knew that ignoring the graphics would never work for me. :lol:

If you have time to admire the graphics you are not going fast enough :p

Or you're going to crash very soon, I do a bit of that. :D

I created a club because there wasn't one, I invited some but if you aren't on my friends list the tag to search for is _FG_ beacause -FG- and GEAR were already taken.

Finally got this, and it is as good as I'd hoped!

Obligatory:
GetPhoto.ashx

I picked this up since it was on sale and my brother just got an Xbox One, though I can only use it occasionally when he is home from college. It's actually really fun, when cranked all the way up on difficulty it's properly hard both in the driving itself and the AI opponents, maybe even a bit too hard but then I did set it to "unbeatable" :lol:

It has the typical MS poison of tons of paid DLC and an expansion that it tries to shove down your throat at every opportunity (one menu item over from retry in the pause menu results in an unskippable advertisement). Plus the drivatar thing is way over-emphasized. But overall it gets a strong recommendation.

I tried tuning up the VW bus, but I wanted to keep the original engine so I just slapped a giant turbo on it and did all the engine mods. The result of this was a vehicle that could not move under its own power because it didn't produce enough torque at low RPM. I have no idea if that is realistic or not but it was funny, I changed the transmission and had to drop the gear ratios quite a lot to get it to launch without assistance of a hill :lol:

I just picked this game up and I'd like to join the finalgear car club in horizon 2. It says it's invite only. My gamer tag is blackman84de.

I just picked this game up and I'd like to join the finalgear car club in horizon 2. It says it's invite only. My gamer tag is blackman84de.

I think there's only one FG club and that's the one I set up so I'll drop you an invite. Nothing going on though as there's only two of us in it.

Completed the Storm Island tour the other night, now back on the mainland for a bit. I'm finding it a bit tricky getting used to traffic again after having none on the island.

I have to say that the bucket lists were the highlight of Storm Island for me, as they taught me what I needed to know to complete the damn Bowler challenge on the mainland, one I had tried many times before without being able to find the correct route. After doing the challenge with the F40, the stadium truck and the Range Rover I learnt how to look for the best route on the map and completed it in just a few goes. :D

Dirt tyres are also quite handy for the CC events on the mainland.

I've been playing a good bit lately. It's nice to sit down, do a championship, then go do something else. Send me a club invite. ShentR

Completed the Storm Island tour the other night, now back on the mainland for a bit. I'm finding it a bit tricky getting used to traffic again after having none on the island.

I have to say that the bucket lists were the highlight of Storm Island for me, as they taught me what I needed to know to complete the damn Bowler challenge on the mainland, one I had tried many times before without being able to find the correct route. After doing the challenge with the F40, the stadium truck and the Range Rover I learnt how to look for the best route on the map and completed it in just a few goes. :D

Dirt tyres are also quite handy for the CC events on the mainland.

I did the Bowler challenge but havent gotten to storm island yet. Solution: point at where you want to go and hope trees aren't in the way. Trial and error found some gaps I could hit full speed :lol:

Odd but interesting fact: some of the birdsong sound effects on Horizon 2 are the same as the ones used on Worms: Mayhem.

I did the Horizon finale last week and enjoyed the route so much that I've mapped it out for my own time attack 'laps'. I've also made a modified version that takes in much more of the east side of the map, Montellino was being missed out. I might start a thread offering a time attack challenge to people with a particular car, watch this space. :)

Last edited:
I dropped this after only few days back in the autumn, but picked it up again to try out with my new wheel... I have trouble getting my head around how frustrating and brilliant it is at the same time. Driving around the countryside and mountain roads is fantastic fun, but then you get the Mickey Mouse city circuit races or very short sprints where the only challenge is to find good overtaking spots to get past all the opponents and hoping they don't crash and block the road in front of you. Those frustrate the hell out of me.

Got back in to Horizon now I've got my Fanatec kit, this game was great with a controller but with a wheel it's epic. I was worried that there would be a lag between me moving the wheel and the game responding and visually the in-game steering wheel does take a fraction to respond, fortunately though it is either visual only or is such a small delay that it isn't noticeable with the cars I've been driving. The force feedback isn't as refined as it is on a PC sim but that's to be expected from an Xbox game at the moment.

It's quite a work out too, the Clubsport V2 wheel packs one hell of a punch. Wrestling an XK120 was brilliant but hard work. :D

Which rim did you get? Last I looked the clubsport was still sold out, so I haven't ordered one yet.

I went for the 'Round 1' rim, which to be honest is too small (27cm) so I have ordered a used Sparco 35cm wheel on the bay of E for very little money. It does say the size on the website but I didn't read it properly, instead just going for the only normal round wheel they had. If you want a full sized round wheel then the 'Classic' wheel is probably the one to go for.

I made my order on the EU store in June, they had the base in stock at the time but the Universal Hub was on back order, it was actually due to ship at the end of the month but they got stock early.