Horrible 720 rip quality

LikeStig

Car(s)
08' Nissan Sentra, Arrow X1-CIK
I have dealt with this since the 720 rips have started, and I didnt mind it much until the last episode. When the scene changes, the colors on the image becomes all one. Its hard to describe, so heres some pictures.

CAPTURE9.jpg

Capture8.jpg

Its not my player, and my computer is rated for 1080 HD videos (Vaio FW)

Like I said, I've always gotten this (and I've tested the player) and It didnt bother me much; but this last episode seemed to have it every minute. And drove me nuts to the point where I wanted to stop watching.

Player and computer specs?

It looks like it missed a key (full) frame. So until it finds one what you are seeing are the B (partial) frames.

This is not a quality issue.

Either your file is broken/incomplete or the player sometimes skips through parts of the file.

Yep, problem on your end...

What player and which codecs do you use?

I have this problem with VLC player with some files.. don't know why. But with a different player it works perfectly

The audio lagged when loaded into DivX when I tried to play it. I played it through VLC with the same issue.

Post system specs.

Post system specs.

Google said:
* Screen: glossy 16.4" 1600 x 900 display
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 (2.53GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 6MB Cache)
* Memory: 4GB RAM
* Storage: 320GB HDD (5400rpm)
* Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW / BD-R DL
* Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n
* Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 3470 w/ 256MB
* Built-in web camera
* Battery: 4400mAh Li-Ion Battery
* Dimensions: 15.12" x 1.14"-1.45" x 10.27" (38.4cm x 2.9-3.7cm x 26.1cm)
* Weight: 6.83 lbs (3.1kg)
* Retail Price: $2,149

Pure hardware power isn't going to be an issue as long as power management is not messing around too much.

Ok. So it isnt the rip. I use "Media Player Classic' to watch them. I will try a different player and see if that fixes it. I have a feeling it may be something wrong with the way my computer is downloading the file. I can pause and rewind the same scene and get the same pixel-ated image. Thanks for the help so far everyone. And my computer is rated to play blu-ray 1080 hd, so I would imagine it can handle this just fine.

I'd look for background processes and try another player. I mostly use VLC. On the Windows front CoreAVC would be worth looking into.

Thanks so much! I downloaded the VLC player and it works like a charm. Gonna watch 15x4 again. Haha. Rep+argatoga.

Awesome possum.

Toshiba Satellite A500
Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz, 2534MHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4600 @ 1GB
1366x768 Screen resolution
16 inch screen

I watched 15x04 in 720p using MPC from CCCP with zero issues. :?

I have a laptop with almost identical system specs (but with an nvidia card), and I have played this season's 720p files with no issues whatsoever, all in Ubuntu 10.04 using Totem.

Its weird. this is the first one I've had an issue with so far.

+1 viper
CCCP is teh win!