Hot Fuzz - Who saw it?

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Well, I just saw Hot Fuzz and I have to say it is one of the craziest movies I have ever seen. A little slow in the beginning but the last 40 minutes or so was just fucking good. So what are your opinions?

Saw it. Loved it. Highly recomend it

Looks like it just had its international release....yeah, the first part was slow, but among other things it needed to be so that people who hadn't seen the cop movies it referenced (exhibit a=me) could laugh uproariously by the end. Which I did. The fat cackling nerds to the left of me annoyed me a bit, but since I was cackling by the end myself, it didn't bother me by the end.

Yup. I pirated it like 4 months ago. It's a fun film.

I really enjoyed it. I was afraid the humor may be a bit too british for an international release to do too well but I seem to have been wrong.

Saw it last night. It was really funny. I have been waiting to see this movie for a long time. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are hilarious.

I just saw it, and I laughed my ass off. There were so many subtle jokes that even the most "tuned in" theater goer missed,
like Dalton playing "Romeo and Juliet" by The Dire Straits after the first murders! That was brilliant, and I know I was the only one to get that joke.

Brilliant movie! I can't wait for the DVD so I can watch it with the commentary.

Just watched it. The first half is pretty slow, but the humor held me through.
The last 30 mins or so was very good tho, they really copied every action movie lol. Gun fights, car chases, and kids that don't get shot at. :lol:
Very good movie, 8/10.

It was a great movie and i too, thought that ppl here wouldnt appreciate the brit humor but i went with a friend and he loved it too

Looks like it just had its international release....yeah, the first part was slow, but among other things it needed to be so that people who hadn't seen the cop movies it referenced (exhibit a=me) could laugh uproariously by the end. Which I did. The fat cackling nerds to the left of me annoyed me a bit, but since I was cackling by the end myself, it didn't bother me by the end.
Haha, there were annoying nerds to the left of me too. Didn't stop me from enjoying it as well, though right after seeing Grindhouse I was tired from enjoying so much ultraviolence.

I just saw it, and I laughed my ass off. There were so many subtle jokes that even the most "tuned in" theater goer missed

I just saw it last night, and found myself in the same spot. There were the obvious jokes that everyone caught, but every now and then I found myself being the only one laughing. I'd like to see it again to see what I missed the first time out.

Saw it today. Yeah there were lots of not so obvious jokes that most didn't seem to get. The last bit is the funniest part, sorta like Shaun of the Dead. Very funny Brit humor.

Just bought the DVD and saw it for the first time. Wow, its one of the best movies thats been made by the British. Very funny and very clever!!

Yup. I pirated it like 4 months ago. It's a fun film.

why is mister "my dad drives a Ferrari" pirating crap :lol:? I'm poor as hell and i still payed for it!

no but really, movie was good, i would recommend it