Hotels In Paris

Do you have a rough budget or area of the city you want to stay in? Paris has a huge number of hotels, ranging from 20-bed hostel dorms to ridiculously swanky penthouse suites...

I stayed here a couple of years ago, together with my girlfriend. Our criteria were location and price; those photos on the website aren't mine but some of them could be of the room we stayed in.

The staff were friendly (we did speak French which helps with that), the location was very advantageous and we went on student budgets over the Easter holidays. The hotel was nothing to write home about - old and rather worn furnishings, as you can see, and the rooms were small but I can't say the place was in disrepair.

I find the best way to choose a hotel in France is going by the number of cars on fire in the parkinglot.......

I like the Ibis Sacre Coeur, but only if you get a room on the 7th, 8th or 9th floor. It means you get a balcony with an absurdly nice view of Paris and all its sights (and yes, the Eiffel Tower), and I've spent many evenings sat on the balcony eating bread and cheese and drinking wine. It's handy for a couple of m?tro stops (Abbesses and Pigalle), and for the Montmartre area. Downsides : the rooms aren't so huge (showers, no baths) and the lift is tiny - it is certified for only two people, and even then it's a tight squeeze. Plus, you'd have to either arrive early or be very pally on the phone/email in French to reception to get one of the upper floor rooms. It's also a chain hotel.

It'd be about ?100 a night for those dates including a decent help-yourself breakfast.

Last edited:
More to the point, and stuff the accommodation issue for a sec, who's the laydee thomas?

Details, young man, details.

Unless it's your twin sister in which case feel free not to share.

Minimum hotel renting age in France is 18, so you might need to ca' canny...

Only if they check the DoB in your passport, young man.

P.S. Paris in April can be cold. Be sure to pack your thermals.
P.P.S. Make sure you get a hotel room with a window (speaking from experience)
P.P.P.S. Brighton's a better bet for a dirty weekend.

Last edited:
Travel lodge sort of thing, i'm not sure on what the prices are, but around 100 euros per night I think.

Citadines Paris-R?publique on Boulevard Parmentier... one corner from M?tro Parmentier, a few stations from the attractions. It is small appartments, clean and good location. I paid around 100-110 CAD (75-80 Euros) last August. I went 2 times at the H?tel des Arts on rue Tholoz? in Montmartre (one corner from the Moulin Rouge). Very good too.